Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CW9, break in is flawless, Plasti-Lube

Is this what you are talking about?
    PlastiKote Dry Graphite Lubricant

Very interesting.....
    Very interesting...

I have dry graphite lube for key holes, is it the same kind of stuff? Graphite powder is really messy and gets everywhere. Sounds interesting if it is not dirty/messy.

hardluk1, that is the stuff! Thanks for the research.

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Sorry, Short Bus, but the FoxX Trapp is made out of thicker kydex, is bulkier and not shaped as well. I'll guarantee it isn't as magically comfortable as the PJ. I know from experience buying holsters from a lot of makers. There are tons of kydex holsters being made and most of them are thicker and bulkier like the FoxX Trapp, but there is something truly amazing about the PJ holsters, with comfort that is far superior. The only reason you have to wait a couple of weeks for a PJ is because the comfort and quality of his holsters have made them VERY POPULAR! The wait time is not unusual at all for holsters that are made one at a time to the customer's specific desires. Paul will work with you on ride height, cant, tightness of hold to the gun. I am currently waiting for a holster that is taking 9 months to produce, and I am on the waiting list for another one that might take over 1/2 a year. Impatience won't get you as good results. If you need something to carry your CW9 in in the mean time, pick up a $5-10 nylon Uncle Mike's holster at your local gun store or maybe even Walmart. If you get one with a thumb break retaining strap, it could still serve you as a rough duty field holster after you get your PJ.
    The Trapp is actually made from thinner kydex than the standard PJ. The Trapp is 0.060 and the PJ is 0.80 with the 0.60 as an option. IDK, I haven't tried the PJ, but I would guess the Trap is on par with the tuckable PJ. I agree, I waited about a month and a half to two months for a horse hide Theis holster (http://theisholsters.com/index.php) for the LC9 I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    The Trapp is actually made from thinner kydex than the standard PJ. The Trapp is 0.060 and the PJ is 0.80 with the 0.60 as an option. IDK, I haven't tried the PJ, but I would guess the Trap is on par with the tuckable PJ. I agree, I waited about a month and a half to two months for a horse hide Theis holster (http://theisholsters.com/index.php) for the LC9 I had.
    No. The PJ IWB is made of 0.60 as well. The OWB is the one that is thicker. You can see from pictures how much smaller it is. There is not an extra millimeter there that isn't needed. And it is rounded and contoured so that it is perfectly comfortable.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    No. The PJ IWB is made of 0.60 as well. The OWB is the one that is thicker. You can see from pictures how much smaller it is. There is not an extra millimeter there that isn't needed. And it is rounded and contoured so that it is perfectly comfortable.
    Here's were I got my info on the PJ http://pjholster.com/?page_id=382 I can't say how close the 2 holsters are, but I'm guessing they're both good holsters. Do you have a Trapp also? If not maybe itsthelaw will give us a comparison. I'm not saying the foxx is better, or even as good, I'm saying it works great for me, good enough that I don't see a need to get a PJ. In fact it works so well, sometimes I forget it's there.

For a Foxx Trapp thread
    Quote Originally Posted by itsthelaw View Post
    I have a PJ Holster that I am starting to really like, so I will be able to compare.

I've been really happy with the synthetic "green" marine grease. Green in that its actually bright green. There's also a blue and red formula.... Green seems to stay put on things - locking areas of barrels.

Anything else - rails and such, no grease, just break free.

For a while, folks in the Custom 45 world (now known as the 1911 world) were extolling the virtues of Mobil 1.

Seems every generation has its favorite goo for guns.

+1 On cleaning every 50 rounds during the break-in period. A lot of newbies try to run 200 hundred rounds of the cheapest ammo that they can find in one range session and then wonder why they experience problems. You're taking the right approach.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Muggsy Just know with good ammo, quality lubes, maybe good cleaning skills up front and decent shooter skill these kahr will easily run 600 rounds with no extra cleaning or extra lube . Good way to also find out if the handgun is picky about haveing to be spotless. Maybe I have been lucky but I have never owned a picky firearm when it comes to cleaning or ammo in 43 years. I did the same thing with my two KT's I had.