Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: Hornady Critical Duty

Default Hornady Critical Duty

In the fray of disappearing ammo I ended up with 75 rds of the 135gr +p 9mm today. Basically my dad called me at work and they were out of my goto pdx1 and I got the duty confused with defense.

Anyway. The review of this bad*** stuff make it overkill to a potential liability for man on the street SD round. Keep it for a rainy day or unload it?

Anybody carrying this beast?

Got it loaded in my K9 as we speak! I don't think mine is the +P version though, at least it's not marked on the box as such.

critical duty in 9mm & 40 is great stuff. in my bullet master trap it makes a perfect mushrooms every time. i did not get nearly as good expansion out of critical defense

Yea, I was only going for the defense b/c it made a 'good' backup round to my stock of PDX1. But it turned out to be duty. Actually, I knew it was duty, just got them confused in my head over the phone.

Dummy me didn't search either, seems a couple of folks here other than you guys are carrying the 135 +P duty. I don't typically buy +P because of the recoil and short barrel (<4") that I typically carry...Just seems to be somewhat overkill and potentially issues w/ over penetration when you aren't trying to shoot it THRU something else first. Which I hope to goodness I never have occasion to need to do.

Reviews are generally spectacular though from what I can tell.

It wasn't a particularly good deal, but I wanted something to back-up my dwindling PDX1 stock that have been sent down-range this year breaking in my TP9.

It's good stuff. Use it. It's in my cm9. Expands perfectly.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Cool, will do. Thanks guys.

Gonna put a box thru soon as I can get to the range, see how it does. But will keep the other 2 boxes either way based on your comments. Worst case they sit around for SHTF.

Guys, thanks again for the input. Still haven't had time to drop by my folks and swap ammo. I have a half case of plinker 9mm for my dad and he's got my +P critical duty ammo. But I spent some time looking at the reviews and gel tests on YouTube and it looks promising. With everybody being out of my standby PDX1 147 or RA9B Ranger 147, I ended up pulling the trigger (how many times am I gonna use that pun here) on a case of the 135 standard load Critical Duty. Stuff is flying off the online shelves fast. There were 20 cases of it at SG ammo the other day and like 15 of the +P, when I went back to buy, +P all gone, only 14 standard left. I purchased a case last night, today, all gone. Dude, stuff is disappearing in puffs of smoke. It's nuts!