Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice sought on breaking in my new p380

Read the manual, read the excellant break in and lubing threads, get several hundred rounds, some targets, then after a good read-clean-lube bring it to the range and be ready for fun!

I bought a CM9 last Spring and found this to be a most welcoming and useful forum. It helped me treat my cm right and get the most out of it.

Welcome to the best forum and to ownership of the best American pocket pistols made!

Massage your cheek muscles, they're gonna get quit a workout from all the grinning you'll be doing!

My best advice is not to attempt to break-in the p380 by shooting 200 rounds in a single range trip. Clean and lube it every fifty rounds during the break in. Use good quality ball ammunition. My P380 ate PMC ball ammo like Rosie O'Donnell eats doughnuts. Run it wet during the break-in period and you should experience fewer problems, if any. Chamber the first round using the slide release during the break-in.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Talking

Thanks Muggsy! This is just the kind of advice I was looking for. (Your reference to Rosie O'Donnell cracked me up!)

Thumbs up

Well, Mike--or somebody--should get a bit of commission 'cause I just clicked on through and ordered the holster.

Thanks ZardozCZ, that was just what I was looking for. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to putting a few hundred rounds downrange in the new year!

If I keep my gun in my wallet where do I put my money and ID? Never mind, forget I asked.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Welcome to the forum!

Watch the take down video because it will save you some grief on putting your new pistol back together. There are some tricky areas with the recoil spring and especially the slide lock spring and slide lock insertion. It's covered nicely in the manual and the Kahr video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G2cZgVg_SwA

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".