Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Hello from Houston

Default Hello from Houston

Soon to be new Kahr owner here. I've ordered a CM9 and am having a hard time waiting for it to arrive. It was supposed to be in a few days ago, but apparently the warehouse is behind by about 1500 orders. Something about record sales because of Obama, Christmas and recent events.

Good news is the delay has given me plenty of time to read up in the tech section and go over the manual a few times. Look forward to breaking her in next week. :86:

Welcome aboard! And congrats on that CM9. I'm sure JFootin will be welcoming you to the CM9 club soon. Lots of info here and a great bunch of guys and gals too. Let us know how your first range visit turns out.

Talking The Big Grin Club!

Welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area and the Kahr-Tech sections of the forum.

And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
    Very interesting...

Welcome to the forum. Where do you shoot at in Houston?
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

I just moved here and haven't been to a range yet. I'm going to try Tactical Firearms in Katy and American Shooting Centers off Westheimer near George Bush Park.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure of where you live but you might want to try Hot Wells off of 290. That's on the northwest side. Range fee is $10.00 per gun (tax included as well as your first target) and shoot as long as you want. You can even bring a friend with no extra charge for them to shoot as long as it is the same gun.

They have what I call geezer day every Tuesday for people over 60. Shoot for $7.00. If there is nothing going on with my work, that's usually where I am on Tuesdays.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!

I live in Katy so Cypress is a little bit of a hike for me. I am picking up my CM9 from Cypress Armory tomorrow though.

Hello, OvenDoor, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum.

Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and safe, good New Year!
    Geologist Bob
    US Navy P-3 Pilot, Army Guard Huey & Blackhawk Pilot (ret.)

Quote Originally Posted by OvenDoor View Post
    I live in Katy so Cypress is a little bit of a hike for me. I am picking up my CM9 from Cypress Armory tomorrow though.
    Yes it is a bit far to go. Good luck with the new gun.