Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Daughters K9 won't come apart.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help! Daughters K9 won't come apart.

Daughter and I got home from the range and she went to clean her K9 and could not get the slide off, neither could I.

What I noticed was the guide rod is sticking out about 1/4", slide cycles ok and trigger works, but will not come off of frame.

The only thing I can think of is the recoil spring was put on the guide rod backwards the last time she cleaned it and it jumped a few coils.

Anyone have any ideas on this problem? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks
    ALL of my guns will have wear marks!!!

The guide rod is sticking out or just coils of the recoil spring?

You can't get the slide off the frame? I'm not getting why it wouldn't come off normally but it's early for me. I'll ponder this while some of the smarter folks are wrapping their minds around this.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna; Yes the guide rod itself is out the front about 1/4", normally flush, thats why I think the spring was put in backwards (large end first) and went over the guide rod flange.

The slide will not move forward more than 1/16" after you pull the trigger to remove the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Bawanna; Yes the guide rod itself is out the front about 1/4", normally flush, thats why I think the spring was put in backwards (large end first) and went over the guide rod flange.

The slide will not move forward more than 1/16" after you pull the trigger to remove the slide.
    I sometimes get that if I don't have the guide rod perfectly centered up when I reassemble. Guide rod sticks out and won't go together.

I don't see how that could happen after the gun is all together.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Houston, we have a problem..

have u tried maybe once the pin is out ad the trigger is pulled giving it a good whackon the back of the slide with a rubber mallet or plastic mallet or chunk of wood. I can't see anything ur gonna break by trying that.

canu handrackthe slide fully with the slide lock lever in place???

I don't see any utter way that even Kahr wold remove the side either
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I think you must be right about the coils jumping over the end of the guide rod, but not sure why you couldn't pull the slide off. I assume you tried pulling the trigger while pulling the slide forward (at the same time)?

I've had that happen to me.
    Here's the potential fix:

On a soft piece of wood, place the muzzle end down on the wood and push down until the Guide Rod is pushed back in. Pull the trigger and holding the slide, pull up on the frame. It should move the slide off the frame. Might take a couple of tries but that's how I solved it. Spring wasn't in backwards but the pigtail end snuck out the guide rod hole. Always make sure to position the pigtail end next to the barrel.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Default i had the same thing happen to my cw40

yes the spring was in backwards , call kahr they will give you a e shipper so you can sent it back to khar , they will take care of it put in a new spring and check it over then sent back to your ffl , which you also have to send it out that way in mi. i did the same thing let them take care of it, turn around time about 8 days

The slide stuck... sometimes happens.

Put the pin back in the hole - but just enough to engage the barrel underlug.

No need to put the pin all the way in, nor is it desirable at this point.

Rack the slide. Pull the trigger. Wiggle the slide forward as you also wiggle the trigger... sometimes it takes a little finagling to make it work the way it oughta.

Gentlemen; Thanks for the replies.

CJB..I have pushed-pulled, wiggled-waggled, grunted-groaned, and cussed, nothing.

Tinman507.. Tried that too...will not push back at all.

Jocko... I think you are right but haven't been able to bring myself to whack on my daughters gun...yet!!!

Rago... What did Kahr charge you for yours?

Thanks again Guys.