Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What holster do YOU recommend for my new p380?

Question What holster do YOU recommend for my new p380?

I'll be picking my new p380 soon and wondered if you have a holster you really like for CCW. And, what do you prefer--front pocket, waste-band, or back pocket? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Mitch Rosen belt slide. Kind of expensive but well worth it in my book.

http://www.kahr.com/P380-Holsters/2/P380-Holsters.aspx

I got a Cross Breed Mini Tuck and use that when I do carry the P380 outside the house, though I still use a well-worn Uncle Mike's for around the house and quick trips to the convenience store for lottery tickets. I also have a C.O.M. Kydex clip-on... all for IWB... the only way I carry. I can sweep my loose-fitting T-shirt or Polo up and draw with one hand. I don't like pocket carry, especially in shorts. Even my P380 feels like a brick, let alone the larger Kahrs.

My P380 is not my EDC... outside the house for trips, but I do wear it around the house... inside and for work outdoors around the house, so I DO wear or carry it more than anything else. The COM is nice for when I need to take the pistol off for going into the BX or Commissary which are located off base... only one clip... easy on and off.

I guess I'll take a few pix of those.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

If you are looking for an IWB holster, you can do no better than the simple but well designed and made holster made by PJ ( pjholster.com/ ) . They flat work and they are comfortable, especially for a small thin weapon like the P380. If you want a pocket holster, PJ also makes one, but there are several other makers and designs. I prefer the PJ belt clips that fit over the belt rather than the "J" clip style that fit over the waistband behind the belt with an under belt clip. You'll have to wait about a month or six weeks for it, but the price is right and it just flat works well!
    So long ... Pudge
    Southeastern New Mexico

Thumbs up Thanks for the lead and the link!

Thanks Tank. I'll look them over. I find it a little difficult to choose just from a photo. Perhaps I'll just have to go to some gun shops or shows and try some on. I'm still open to checking them out online and learning all I can.

Bear Creek pocket holster in horsehide is the best pocket holster I have ever owned. Check them out.

http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
    “To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

Here are some pictures of what I have... the first of everything. 2-4 of the Center of Mass (C.O.M.) IWB clip on, and #5 is the on belt Cross Breed.

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Smile Thanks for Your Advice!

Thanks everyone for your advice. The links are especially helpful. (amazing how different websites operate differently. Just like guns I suppose) anyway, I'm still open to any suggestions. Especially the very practical things you've learned around town. Thanks!

Talking Thanks for the links and photos!

Thanks Wynn--the photos are really helpful.

I'm really liking this KahrTalk forum and everyone has been really helpful and encouraging. I'll keep coming back and checking in.

PS--haven't even taken possession of my first Kahr purchase and I'm already thinking of what I might get next!

Now the Cross Breed Mini Tuck and my lop-eared Uncle Mike IWB holster for my un-belted shorts. I cut the too-high inside top part off and hemmed it up because my shirts hung up on it and "printed" badly.

Then the Baby UpLULA .380 and smaller magazine loader. You can probably get by without that, as the Kahr P380's magazines are the easiest to load. The mag holders are by Mitchell, Tactical Kydex, and are very inexpensive. I used 3M tape to add another piece of Kydex to the inside to protect my love-handles a bit... then added some Mole Skin, too.

I got a second P380 for my wife and the OWB holster is for that. I then got her a P9 and Mini Tuck for that, but she hasn't shown any great interest in getting to the range and trying either out.

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thomas Jefferson said

and