CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: PM9 at 6,000 rnds.

Default PM9 at 6,000 rnds.

My PM9 first and only malfunction at 6,000 rounds in just more than two years. I'm thankful this occurred during the weekly range session and not in some parking lot. It was no big deal to polish and replace the trigger bar. Took about twenty minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DJK11; 12-25-2012 at 08:54 PM.

is that part lifed at ~6,000 rounds? if so we all need to know when to replace that part otherwise it could happen on the street.
    I hate being bi-polar, its awsome!

What do you think caused the failure? It's unusual for a trigger bar to break. It's the first failure of this type that I've ever seen.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

That's crazy! Did you have a kaboom? Jocko's PM9 has over 32,000 rounds thru it with no such problem.
    Very interesting...

Wow! I'd be sending the firearm back to Kahr for failure analysis. Six thousand rounds on a modern firearm is a premature failure in my humble opinion and should be thoroughly investigate to determine the root cause.
    Suffolk County in the People's Republic of NY

I wasn't going to shoot it at the range that day but that little voice said to run a few rounds before leaving. After three rounds, no reset and the slide would not come off the frame but the bar was attached and I could see the reset lug moving. On the way out I told the gunsmith what happened and he said " we told you the trigger bar on the rental Kahrs brake, that's why I keep spares. PITA to change with that half washer. They have to many bends then it's heat treated and brakes at the bend by the spring."

Well he's correct. I'm going to see if my machinist friend can CNC one from a solid billet.

Machined would be worse than a stamping in that application...just sayin'. You'd have more problems with stress relief due to the cutting than from stamping.

I find it interesting that they have problems at the range with the rental Kahr's, but we almost never see a broken trigger bar here. And that "almost never" could mean yours is the first seen ever!

First I've seen.
    Very interesting...