Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: PM9 or PM40?

I attended a TDI seminar in West Union, Ohio last weekend. During the three day course I fired nearly 800 rounds with my CW40. I was as accurate as anyone using the 9mm in the first two days, but must admit the 40 beat my hands really bad. On the third day it was hard to hold onto the gun properly.
    One of the instructors lent me his P9 to finish the day, and it performed perfectly, but with seemingly much less "force"
    IMO given a choice if faced by a drugged up gang banger I would chose the 40. If I had the funds and was punching paper I would have the P9 also.
    IMO any pistol is better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by Swat_dude View Post
    I would also question the significant difference in ballastics between the 380 and 9mm. I ditched my LCP for a PM9 because I always thought the 380 might just piss someone off. Yeah, I know, I know... shot placement. My good friends son just shot a mountain lion in the head with a 44 mag revolver. The animal immediately went down where it was hit. However, the round had actually deflected off the animals skull and gone down through its neck and out the back between its shoulder blades. It was a mortal wound EVENTUALLY but had only knocked the lion unconscience momentarily. You can imagine his surprise as he approached the "dead" animal and the lion bolted straight up and ran full tilt right past him before collapsing 30 yards away. Needless to say, I think there is no magic bullet and no magic shot location- only good shot placement, but 9mm is the minimum caliber I would consider for self defense.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's a pretty sizeable kitty. I had a turkey that I thought was dead come to life on me once, but haven't shot any mountain lions yet. I wouldn't mind, but just haven't yet. That is a good reminder of why it is best to shoot stuff twice. That outcome could have been much worse than having to track your animal for 30yds.
    Last edited by jlottmc; 05-23-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: the mod's didnt like it.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Talking -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by johnatw View Post
    I attended a TDI seminar in West Union, Ohio last weekend. During the three day course I fired nearly 800 rounds with my CW40. I was as accurate as anyone using the 9mm in the first two days, but must admit the 40 beat my hands really bad. On the third day it was hard to hold onto the gun properly.
    One of the instructors lent me his P9 to finish the day, and it performed perfectly, but with seemingly much less "force"
    IMO given a choice if faced by a drugged up gang banger I would chose the 40. If I had the funds and was punching paper I would have the P9 also.
    IMO any pistol is better than none.
    well said,johnatw.That is a great example of the .40 S&W.

Default shot

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    That's a pretty sizeable kitty. I had a turkey that I thought was dead come to life on me once, but haven't shot any mountain lions yet. I wouldn't mind, but just haven't yet. That is a good reminder of why it is best to shoot stuff twice. That outcome could have been much worse than having to track your animal for 30yds.
    a Pope and Young record book, Mountain lion in Moab, Utah aobut 30 years ago. with one arrow out of my 70# Bear recurve. Most beutiful animal I have ever seen. I would in no way today want to hunt a mountain lion, just to me, to majestic of an amimal . Age does that u know.

We had our first official photoed mountain lion spotting in southern Indiana in over 100 years. DNR actually photoed it with the camera that one has on tress etc, after finding a deer kill and it covered up so typical of a lion kill, plus tracks around the kill area also. they are not sure if it wandered from another state or was a captive release by some owner either. the photos showed a femal cat..

I can tell you this back 30 years ago, my hunting friend in Utah killed the WORLD RECORD BLACK bear which that record stood for over 20 years, WITH A 22 RUGER SINCLE SIX. Gods truth. Definitely it is all about shot placement!!!!

I never have learned the bow. Closest shot I had at an animal was 65 yards. I wouldn't mind learning the bow, but just don't have it right now.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I killed a mountain goat with a bow in an earlier life. That ladies and gentlemen boys and girls was a physical challenge. Best tasting game meat I ever ate bar none. Wouldn't want to kill another but if anyone else did I'd sure like an invite to dinner.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default and I

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    I never have learned the bow. Closest shot I had at an animal was 65 yards. I wouldn't mind learning the bow, but just don't have it right now.
    am to old anymore to bow hunt, never hunted with a gun, bow killed alot of big game in my younger days, but as old age creeps up on me, I now totally enjoy seeing deer, beer and what ever moves in the woods. I let the younger people do the hunting now. I have zero issues with people who hunt, just that I have been there done that, now would be more work than fun and I just can't picture myself climbing up in a damn tree stand.. But the memories never fade either..

I have owned, used and carried my PM40 for many years. I have owned and shot many big bores for years at targets and deer hunting. I have gone from the great 44 mag. to 454 and the 460 and now back to the 44. (Arthur in the hands) I have shot and hunted deer for over 40 years with these firearms. The PM40 is the tame one of the bunch. LOL. I have several firearms for concealed carry I can turn to but the Kahr is the most used by far.

^^^ Welcome Handgunner. I'm topped out at 44magnum too. Though I really have no need for anything even that large. P40 is my carry choice most often. Thanks for digging up an old thread. I miss some of them old posters.....
    ​O|||||||O