Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PM9 or PM40?

Default PM9 or PM40?

Hello, new guy here, and I have a question: I'm in the market for a new pistol, always a good thing, and I want something small. I have been debating between a PM9 or PM40 both about the same size but I'm concerned about the recoil of the .40 cal in such a small package. Any help/advice would be very much appreciated. I am very new to the compact pistol "world".

I just went through this today, I walked away with a PM9. I guess when in doubt buy both. But if you're like me get the 9, it's a great staple for your collection. I have heard the recoil is not that much fun with the 40.
    A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.

LOL, wish I could buy 3 or 4....on that note....I will check that link, thanks so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jkalantzis View Post
    I just went through this today, I walked away with a PM9. I guess when in doubt buy both. But if you're like me get the 9, it's a great staple for your collection. I have heard the recoil is not that much fun with the 40.
    It's no big deal. It's not like the PM's are target pistols.

Wink

I prefer the 9 in small package. Can you say RECOIL.....ouch... I feel the 45 would even be better than a 40.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I prefer the 9 in small package. Can you say RECOIL.....ouch... I feel the 45 would even be better than a 40.
    Big +1 here. 9 first, 45, second, 40, don't go there.
    I have a K40, I can't imagine the same gun even smaller with a tupperware frame. To repeat above RECOIL!

Heard the PM45 is not so bad but so far only a rumor I haven't shot one.

Be safe, go with the 9.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The PM9 is nice but the PM45 is great... after the obligatory tweaking... as necessary. If you can handle +P in the PM9, you can handle standard rounds in the PM45. I haven't really heard anything good about the .40... if you want a .4 something... get the big boy!
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    The PM9 is nice but the PM45 is great... after the obligatory tweaking... as necessary. If you can handle +P in the PM9, you can handle standard rounds in the PM45. I haven't really heard anything good about the .40... if you want a .4 something... get the big boy!
    Wynn
    That would normally be my answer, wider is better but I'm getting negative vibes on the PM big boys. I know they work, several here have made them work but I'm feeling issues. I know your happy with yours after the trip back to the mother ship but I don't want to steer trunkmonkey down a potholed road and think mean angry thoughts everytime he hears our name.
    I thought you were taking the missus out for dinner. She stand you up on your 24th anniversary.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Actually my standard carry is a .45ACP - G21SF - but I wanted another pistol for a B.U.G. that I can just keep in a cargo pocket or an ankle holster. But, I want the same pistol for off duty CC. I thought PM45 may be too big for pocket, but I'm not "against it", I haven't seen one to compare it to the PM9.