Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PM9 or PM40?

I have the PM40. I shoot the PM40. It's no big deal. It's easier to shoot than the LCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey View Post
    Actually my standard carry is a .45ACP - G21SF - but I wanted another pistol for a B.U.G. that I can just keep in a cargo pocket or an ankle holster. But, I want the same pistol for off duty CC. I thought PM45 may be too big but I'm not "against it", I haven't seen one to compare it to the PM9.
    Warning- personal opinion forthcoming.
    If I had to buy a gun tomorrow to meet your criteria. (wow, we can treat this like an afternoon fantasy) A bug to run with your 21SF (I have one by the by), and we don't have time to play games, and not take any chances I'd buy a Glock 36. Mine got, the Kahr gods are not smiling on me. Most of the officers I work with went with 30's so they could interchange 21SF mags. I would opt for the single stack, flatter 36.
    But wait--- I'd stay with us here at Kahrtalk and harass people and pick on Mr. Wyn and some of the others and see how the PM big boy is fairing down the road. When it gets shipped out running out of the box or at least after the requisite 200 round breakin that 36 will make good trading stock. Dang the sky just got really black over my house, the Kahr gods are definitely not happy with bawanna.
    SO, try this.......get the PM9 and do the same thing. Give it to your favorite girl when you get the PM big boy, send it to me when you don't need it, we'll make it work.
    This personal opionion officially ended. Good luck, keep us posted. Some of the alphabetically challenged here really like pictures so be thinking on that as well. Ok bye.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    Warning- personal opinion forthcoming.
    If I had to buy a gun tomorrow to meet your criteria. (wow, we can treat this like an afternoon fantasy) A bug to run with your 21SF (I have one by the by), and we don't have time to play games, and not take any chances I'd buy a Glock 36. Mine got, the Kahr gods are not smiling on me. Most of the officers I work with went with 30's so they could interchange 21SF mags. I would opt for the single stack, flatter 36.
    But wait--- I'd stay with us here at Kahrtalk and harass people and pick on Mr. Wyn and some of the others and see how the PM big boy is fairing down the road. When it gets shipped out running out of the box or at least after the requisite 200 round breakin that 36 will make good trading stock. Dang the sky just got really black over my house, the Kahr gods are definitely not happy with bawanna.
    SO, try this.......get the PM9 and do the same thing. Give it to your favorite girl when you get the PM big boy, send it to me when you don't need it, we'll make it work.
    This personal opionion officially ended. Good luck, keep us posted. Some of the alphabetically challenged here really like pictures so be thinking on that as well. Ok bye.
    I did consider the G36 - I know lightning is going to strike me now but here goes: "I love my Glocks" and "I love .45s", But I was actually looking for something smaller and lighter. I sort of "stumbled upon the Kahrs while looking at LCPs - because several guys I work with are carrying them as back ups. I'm not a fan of .380s or 9mm. But......several well placed 9mms beat a miss or a malfunction with a .45 any day.

I did consider the G36 - I know lightning is going to strike me now but here goes: "I love my Glocks" and "I love .45s", But I was actually looking for something smaller and lighter. I sort of "stumbled upon the Kahrs while looking at LCPs - because several guys I work with are carrying them as back ups. I'm not a fan of .380s or 9mm. But......several well placed 9mms beat a miss or a malfunction with a .45 any day.
    Words to live by. Smaller lighter at this time = PM9. I don't put the LCP and the PM in the same comparison group for whatever tiny bit thats worth.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Also worth noting there are lots and lots of 380 and 9mm fans here, try not to piss em off. It's too late for me but maybe you can save yourself.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Words to live by. Smaller lighter at this time = PM9. I don't put the LCP and the PM in the same comparison group for whatever tiny bit thats worth.
    Not to bash LCPs but I was not overly impressed. I don't mind paying for quality, something thing I always say to the guys at work: "Would you bet your life on that P.O.S., or would you rather spend the money on something that works, all the time, every time."

Also worth noting there are lots and lots of 380 and 9mm fans here, try not to piss em off. It's too late for me but maybe you can save yourself.
    Whoops!! I guess I'll be in the hurt locker with you then! LMAO!!

Not to bash LCPs but I was not overly impressed. I don't mind paying for quality, something thing I always say to the guys at work: "Would you bet your life on that P.O.S., or would you rather spend the money on something that works, all the time, every time."
    I am not a LCP fan but I have at least 6 buddies that use them. I would never call their gun a POS and I have yet to see one of them fail. I would bet my life on their guns in their hands. If I need someone to have my back, I'd want them there. What current criteria or experiance would lead you to consider the LCP a POS?

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

If you want the 40 think about the MK40 soaks up recoil better

Quote Originally Posted by recoilguy View Post
    I am not a LCP fan but I have at least 6 buddies that use them. I would never call their gun a POS and I have yet to see one of them fail. I would bet my life on their guns in their hands. If I need someone to have my back, I'd want them there. What current criteria or experiance would lead you to consider the LCP a POS?

RCG
    Wasn't general speaking of the LCPs as a POS, I was making a general statement regarding everything....Sorry guess I was too vague....most often I see POS in weapon lights on patrol rifles.......but that is off topic.