Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PM9 or PM40?

How could you refuse this beauty!
    Last edited by 10Kahrs; 07-16-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Kahrs View Post
    How could you refuse this beauty!
    That sure is Purdy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey View Post
    Not to bash LCPs but I was not overly impressed. I don't mind paying for quality, something thing I always say to the guys at work: "Would you bet your life on that P.O.S., or would you rather spend the money on something that works, all the time, every time."
    Recoilguy, for what it's worth I read this as a general statement, not specifically aimed at the LCP at all. I use the same line on all kinds of gear that cops use. Some refuse to spend money, many want something for nothing and expect top quality, last forever performance. We all know it ain't gonna happen.
    In my very limited experience with the LCP the only thing I really hated was the lousey trigger pull, heard many others say the same and reports are that it doesn't get better with time.
    I never met a gun I couldn't live with, most I really can't live without, not much use for 380's but thats must me, I'm not a natural good shot and I prefer wider bullets. 45's if at all possible.
    Trunkmonkey, walk softly for awhile, your on report.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hi, Bawanna. Yeah, we went out to eat at Longhorns and got home safely and watched a little TV. That new garlic filet thingie was great! I like garlic on almost anything. I went with medium rare this time, though. The rare last time was really rare. They are pretty accurate at this place with their cooking... unless you get the seven-pepper steak by accident, as I did one time. AFTER I ate the thing... I thought I had ordered the wrong thing and usually put jalapenos on a taco salad along with hot sauce pushing the envelope. I expect my nose to running, sweat to be running down my face... my scalp, etc. But, I don't expect that with what I thought would be a 9 ounce filet with blue cheese on top. I figured something must be wrong after the second or third bite, when I started running into peppercorns... WT*! After I eaten the whole thing, the waitress asked me about it and I said that I must have ordered the wrong thing. She checked with the cook and he had gotten the menu mixed up or something after coming off vacation. I got the meal for free. I have returned a few steaks... when I ordered rare and got well done. I mean gray through and through! Not there, though.

Well, we had a good meal and I'm just getting back to the computer for a bit. I wanted to add my opinion, if I didn't do it already on this thread.** Actually, I see that I did say something earlier.** I have the PM9 and the PM45. I shoot the .45 better and loaded, it only weighs a little over 4 ounces more than the PM9 loaded. It fits the same Minituck holster and I'm thinking now, if I can carry the PM9, I can carry the PM45 which I shoot better, and it hits harder. I carry a six-shot spare mag on my belt on in my pocket in a modified TK kydex holder. Those make great adjustable holders for the pocket without the clips.
    I need to shoot them both some more and try better trigger control with the PM9 in particular. The PM9 is a tiny bit short on grip, but the PM45 is perfect with the regular 5-shot magazine. I put bike tubes on both of them and it really helps the grips, without detracting from the aesthetics of the guns. JMHO.
    The MK40 weighs 25 ounces with one mag and no bullets. The PM45 weighs 23.4 ounces with 5+1 rounds. the MK40 with 5+1 weighs about 29 ounces which is about 1/3 less ounce than my K9 with 7+1 loaded. I don't have .40 cal ammo to weigh, so they might even be closer in weight.
    For me, the .45 is a better deal, because I don't want another caliber anyhow, and from all I've heard, the .40 kicks harder than the .45. I don't know about that. But for four ounces difference, I'm going to carry the .45 a lot more. If I ever get my P380N, I might carry it more in the summer, because that puppy will only weigh 14 ounces with 6+1 BB +P loaded... If that BB tests favorably. I dress pretty lightly down here for most of the year -- just T-shirts and Polos with shorts. I did stock up on non-shrinking loose shirts and shorts with belt loops for the guns heavier than that .22 TPH.
    Anyhow, just another opinion.
    As for the PM45, I'll admit I was miffed that it wasn't 100% out of the box, but Kahr had it picked up and fixed it, so I'm happy. I've wanted one of the Kahr .45s since way before they started making them, and I have the smallest, most compact and best shooting CCW .45 available... IMHO.
    Wynn:53:
    PIX of both in the PM9 CB Minituck:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

id go pm45 i guess im lucky i got mine used it was made in 08 and ive NEVER had a prob with it. recoil is no big deal i dont really know what to compare it too, MABYE like a glock 27 just not as snappy if u get what im trying to say, probly not

Now....you have me rethinking.

Also...off topic... how do I get the picture next to my screen name? I loaded one and it shows in my profile, but not on my posts?

Now....you have me rethinking.

Also...off topic... how do I get the picture next to my screen name? I loaded one and it shows in my profile, but not on my posts?
    Did it pop up a message about being to big? That's where I get stuck. If my picture doesn't happen to be small enough, I don't know how to fix it. I think Mr. GB???? can't never remember his numbers is the avatar wizard. (Greg). Mr Wyn is also up on pictures and such.
    Hey guys, a little help for the Trunkmonkey PLEASE? You know we love pictures.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just tried changing the pixels lets try this a few times....bear with me!

Nope that didn't work

Nope that didn't work
    I think it has to be 80 x 80 pixels or 19.5 kb whatever that might mean. I remember you have to save it once you get it in there. I'm computer challenged.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Nope that didn't work
    Try signing out, then back in. Happened to me when I tried to post a signature. Just a thought.
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Reading this post may be HARMFUL to the mental well being of Keyboard Commandos and Mall Ninjas. Parental discretion is advised. (PM9, Glock 26, SA Ultra Compact 1911)