Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my TP9 today (orig. format)

Default Got my TP9 today (orig. format)

I just picked up a used TP9 today. Found it in the gun library at Cabellas. It came with 3 mags for $424 on the cabellas employee pricing sale deal they have going on for years end. :-D

Got it home & was puzzled by the 3 mags it came with. One 7rnd flush mount & 2 8rnd with grip extension. Looked on the Kahr site and got a little concerned that I had the wrong magazines. Did a little interwebz reading and came accross a review noting the TP9 was changed at some point. Apparently went from orig. format with 4" barrel and shorter frame & grip to a longer frame & grip.

The original being called a TP9 makes sense to me. It looks like a T9 slide upper on a P9 frame handle = TP9 right?

Not sure why they changed it? Plan to clean, lube & take it to the range tomorrow for a test run. Looking forward to it.

Will post pics later....

Congrats on the new purchase. Definitely post some pictures of it once you've got it shined up nice and pretty.

That sounds like a great CCW option.

Again, welcome to the forum. That was an excellent deal, IMHO. There are three kahr mags that should fit your "old style" TP9. They are the simple 7 or 8 round mags and the extended grip 8 round mags. The "new style" long grip TP only takes the long simple 8 round mag.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Congrats again gangplank, a great deal too! Looking forward to the range report.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

Thanks all. Seemed like a good deal for a used gun w/ 3 mags. Doesn't look like its had too much use. Will know more when I get into it to clean up.

Here's a pic but I haven't cleaned it yet.

Next up is range report. Been a while since I was at the range so I'm not expecting perfection. ;-)

Holster recommendations appreciated. Thinking IWB w/ 1 extra magazine

Congrats.

p.s. Gangplank was my favorite character in LOL as well.
    This place isn't safe.

Quote Originally Posted by addictedhealer View Post
    Congrats.

p.s. Gangplank was my favorite character in LOL as well.
    Favorite character? Its a name I've had kinda forever.

WOW that frame is short at the muzzle end!!! It looks like they really just used a P9 frame. It makes me want to find a TP9 slide and barrel.

You would need the older TP9 slide & barrel. Wonder if they still make it. I'd love to try someone's P9 slide and barrel on mine. If it fit then I could get those & have both!