Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trouble with my new MK-9 Update on Last Page

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    if ur cracking followers like that, the gun needs to go b ack to kahr. . It is nuttin ur doin but the feed ramp will need to be reworked by kahr to get this clearance. I would not recommend u trying it. Call akahr, ask for ay explain what ishappening etc and have them issue a pre paid mailer. Get it done right ..

Yep ... that's the deal. Ramp end of the barrel is hitting the mag. You will find this can also KEEP your slide from locking back on occasion because the barrel knocks the follower pin OFF of the slide stop.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    if ur cracking followers like that, the gun needs to go b ack to kahr. . It is nuttin ur doin but the feed ramp will need to be reworked by kahr to get this clearance. I would not recommend u trying it. Call akahr, ask for ay explain what ishappening etc and have them issue a pre paid mailer. Get it done right ..
    Thanks, I called Kahr and they said send it back to them with the magazines that had cracked followers. They even supplied a prepaid FedEx label to send back to them. I am now waiting for them to repair and send back.

Looking forward to having a fully working gun!

Kahr should be able to fix this problem for you, but it may take a while.

On 1/2/13 Kahr received my MK9 that I returned to them with a cracked frame, and I'm still waiting to get it back (with a new frame).

Finally...my Kahr is perfect! I had some problems with my new MK-40 Elite. First the slide would lock 2 or 3 times every 100 rounds after 2-3 bullets. Kahr sent me a new slide lock and that fixed that problem, it has not reoccured since I put in the new slide lock. Next, I would crack one or two magazine followers with every 100 rounds. For that Kahr said I needed to send the gun back to them. The good news is they sent me a prepaid label, paid shipping both ways, fixed the gun, replaced four folowlers....all for no charge. Other than my first bad experience with Kahr service, where the tech said the problem with the slice lock was my fault, every subsequent call to Kahr Service and they have been great. I shot 161 rounds today and the gun was PERFECT. I was able to place 98% of my shots in the inner two circles on the target. I am now happy with my MK40 Elite, and will use it regularly in a pocket holster as my carry gun.

goodnews hal13. whenthe MK does as designed thereis just nobetter steelgun out there to compare to it...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Hal, fantastic that you are thrilled with your firearm, and thanks for reporting the great Kahr CS.

I found a LGS with two new and one used steel Kahrs (new MK9, K40 and a used MK9). Trying to decide now what (and how many) to add to my own collection. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hal13 View Post
    I am having the exact same problem on a brand new MK40. The first time I went to the range, I shot 240 rounds, and had three failures, exactly as you described. On the 2nd or 3rd bullet, the slide would lock back, like the magazine was empty, but there was three or four bullets still in. I pressed the slide stop down, and the gun fired the rest of the magazine fired ok. The second time I went to the range I fired 100 rounds on MY MK40 and had two failures. I fired 100 rounds from my Glock 21, with no problems. I am using American Eagle factory ammo, so I doubt it is the Ammo. It was suggest that my thumb was hitting the slide stop so the next time I was at the range a fired another 100 rounds with two failures. I was very careful with my grip and am sure it was not my grip causing the problem.

It has been suggested that it might be the slide stop spring but I have visually inspected it and it looks ok. I called Kahr service and was very disappointed with who I talked to. They offered no help and suggested it was my problem. I need this gun to work 100% of the time, because I bought it for Self Defense, but cannot use it for that if I am not 100% confident in its performance.

I am very happy with the gun, even at the third time at the range, it is reasonably accurate. I was able to get 96% of my shots in the inner two circles. I need to get more exprience with it, becasue I am use to Glocks, as I can usually get 98% if my shots in the inner circle on an NRA D-1 target with my Glock. But I need it to work 100% of the time.

I would appreciate know if you figure out what is causing your problem, or you get a better response from Kahr than I did.

You didnt happen to talk to Ian did you. I recently had the displeasure of dealing with him about the crappy wood grips they sent me and along withbeing unwilling to help in any way, he was also very rude.

I hope i never have any more problems cause from what i have seen kahrs customer service succcckkkkkkssss
    GLOCK... THE POOR MANS KAHR.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty_MK9 View Post
    You didnt happen to talk to Ian did you. I recently had the displeasure of dealing with him about the crappy wood grips they sent me and along withbeing unwilling to help in any way, he was also very rude.

I hope i never have any more problems cause from what i have seen kahrs customer service succcckkkkkkssss
    I do not know who I talked to. The second and third person I talked to were very helpful. The first was not.

By the way, I also ordered the Grips and they did not fit. I was not hard to carve out 1/8" from the inside of the grip and they not fit perfectly and look great

Solved my Kahr MK-9 problem permanently. Sold it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
    Kahr should be able to fix this problem for you, but it may take a while.

On 1/2/13 Kahr received my MK9 that I returned to them with a cracked frame, and I'm still waiting to get it back (with a new frame).
    That is just totally unacceptable. Piss poor in fact.