Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: K40 "old style" sight removal question

Default K40 "old style" sight removal question

I ordered new XS big dot sights for my 2004 K40. My question is; does it matter what direction the old sights go out and the new sights go in? I know with Smith & Wesson they are directional, but I don't know about the Kahrs. Thanks, Rob.
    CM9
    K40
    Looking for the elusive T9

Remove sights sliding left to right, (as looking down the sight radius). They go on the opposite, right to left. They are very tight. Use a sight pusher or have a G.S. do it for you.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Remove sights sliding left to right, (as looking down the sight radius). They go on the opposite, right to left. They are very tight. Use a sight pusher or have a G.S. do it for you.
    My name is bawanna and I endorse this message.

They can be bloody tight little buggers. You might get lucky but they can be tight.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

wellI was gonna say ripley was correct but since u hogged all the priase,I will just pass,and say that is the way ol jocko would do it.Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Well if you hadn't been out "tending" your sheep all morning you could have responded in a timely fashion and I wouldn't have to do all your work around here.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Kahr says off from left to right and install right to left. Watch out for the front sight barrel dragging on the slide during installation if you only remove material from the bottom of the base. I had to remove some material from the bottom of the cylinder-like part housing the Tritium vial to get mine on.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...t=P40+Big+Dots

and Kahr's instructions in a recent post:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...t+installation

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".