Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remora Holsters 25% discount.

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    FWIW, I paid $14.95 each for 2 of the Stays-Put Ultra pocket holsters and I intend to get a 3rd one. I find them ideal in the pocket or AIWB. They don't make an ankle holster.
    Thanks for your opinions about the Remoras! Maybe the leather lined one they say will be much thinner than the original? I ordered a Stay-Put holster as well and boy that one sure is thick! It really has alot of padding. My desantis nemsis pocket holster is much thinner. But it was only $15 bucks including shipping and I got the cargo fit one. It may come in handy some day.
    Twas the best of times; Twas the worst of times...

Chogers, I think it depends on what you do w/ it. I agree w/ JFootin that the Remora is maybe too thick for pocket use. I only use my Remora IWB, and I love it, but in my pocket, yea, it's big-n-thick. I haven't tried the Stay-Put or another alternative is the Sticky Holster (again, have not tried it). But for pocket carry, something other than Remora is maybe in order.

If you do decide to try a Remora for pocket, look at the ART model w/o the RFT feature. ART is cut down a bit more, allowing more grip, and the RFT has kydex inside to keep it open, again not something you'd want for pocket carry.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Chogers View Post
    Thanks for your opinions about the Remoras! Maybe the leather lined one they say will be much thinner than the original? I ordered a Stay-Put holster as well and boy that one sure is thick! It really has alot of padding. My desantis nemsis pocket holster is much thinner. But it was only $15 bucks including shipping and I got the cargo fit one. It may come in handy some day.
    Sorry Chogers, but I have had a couple of Desantis Nemesis holsters and they are made of thicker material than the Stays-Put holsters. The Stays-Put is molded in a rounded shape, but it is fairly soft and collapses so it is not thick in your pocket and that shape doesn't print. The Nemesis's shape is stiff, it is thicker in your pocket and it prints.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by addictedhealer View Post
    I have never had the holster come out. Stick it between your undies and skin. Once it gets heated up it is like glue.
    I was umm commando with jeans... and laying on it for a couple hours before the oops.

FWIW, I paid $14.95 each for 2 of the Stays-Put Ultra pocket holsters and I intend to get a 3rd one. I find them ideal in the pocket or AIWB. They don't make an ankle holster.

Thanks, I think my wife will like their purse holster.

Quote Originally Posted by melissa5 View Post
    My Remora sometimes comes out with my Sig P938. It's a really tight fitting holster. I've never had a problem with the Remora that I have for my Glocks. It's a looser fit.
    Here's what they told me to do for a tight fit. Heat the remora with a hairdryer, wrap your gun in some cloth (to make it slightly larger) and put it in the heated remora, then put in the freezer for five minutes. Repeat or thicken cloth as necessary until you get a smooth release. Worked fine for me.

Sorry Chogers, but I have had a couple of Desantis Nemesis holsters and they are made of thicker material than the Stays-Put holsters. The Stays-Put is molded in a rounded shape, but it is fairly soft and collapses so it is not thick in your pocket and that shape doesn't print. The Nemesis's shape is stiff, it is thicker in your pocket and it prints.
    Hmmmm Footin...I havent worn mine yet but it seems awfully puffy. More so then the Desantis. You must be tellin me if I wear it awile it will thin up kinda like a cheap pillow goes flat after a few nights?
    Twas the best of times; Twas the worst of times...

Quote Originally Posted by Chogers View Post
    Hmmmm Footin...I havent worn mine yet but it seems awfully puffy. More so then the Desantis. You must be tellin me if I wear it awile it will thin up kinda like a cheap pillow goes flat after a few nights?
    Well, both of mine are very thin compared to the Remora. When I compare it to the Nemesis that I have, I find that, while it is molded in a smooth shape, it is soft enough to be compressed in the pocket. Whereas the Nemesis is made of thinner material that is stiffer and doesn't compress. What I have found is that the molded soft shape of the Stays-Put does a great job of hiding the gun while not being bulbous like the Remora. That shape and softness also make it super comfortable against my soft lower belly in the AIWB carry position. I have tried the Nemesis AIWB and it is not as comfortable. Just sayin', the Nemesis is a fine holster, but I have found the Stays-Put superior. YMMV. Peace & love.
    Very interesting...

can you show me where the discount code is. I'm looking for a discount code, but I don't know where it is.
    Thank You
    Last edited by Bradford Tucker; 06-03-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Type in Remora coupon codes.