Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow - Kusiak Holster for CM9

Talking Wow - Kusiak Holster for CM9

I've been carrying my CM9 in a Blackhawk IWB holster for about 6 months. It had terrible retention (my gun fell out on the floor of the restroom at church and I was sure that everyone in the sanctuary across the hall heard it). Since I carry with one in the pipe, I wanted something more secure. I considered a PJ holster since the reviews are so good but I really wanted leather. I bought a Galco and was unhappy because it hung up on the slide release. Then I saw a leather Kusiak holster on a forum for the S&W Bodyguard 380. The quality looked good and they listed on for the PM9 so I took the plunge. Minutes after ordering, my bride said, "I want one for my gun too!" so I called Pepi Kusiak and he included it in the same box with no additional shipping. I placed the order on Tuesday and received the holsters on the next Monday. He makes the holsters himself and guarantees satisfaction. Price is just $35 or $45 with a built-in mag holder. Here is a link to their site: Kusiak Leather Pictures follow. The last one shows my CM9 with my bride's Bodyguard 380.

I also have this Kusiak leather holster for my CM9. I agree with you, it's a great carry holster. Just as comfortable as the PJHolster, and what I really like is it rides higher than the PJHolster, giving a slightly better grip acquisition. Now, I'm not bad mouthing the PJHolster by any means, as both holsters get equal time when I carry the CM9 IWB. Easy on & off too, always a plus. Enjoy!
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

Nice looking holster! Nice price! I may have to get one! LOL! I can't resist! I am a holster lover as well as a gun lover!
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Nice looking holster! Nice price! I may have to get one! LOL! I can't resist! I am a holster lover as well as a gun lover!
    I hear ya. I got lucky & found a used PJHolster on this forum & the seller thru in a Pocket DeSantis Super Fly & the Kusiak, all for $50. A Happy Camper was I, for sure, as I use all 3 holsters!
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

While dropping your gun is a no no, you could slam your Kahr against the wall as hard as you want and it won't go off because of the internal safety. That is a great looking holster.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    While dropping your gun is a no no, you could slam your Kahr against the wall as hard as you want and it won't go off because of the internal safety. That is a great looking holster.
    Thanks! I wasn't afraid of the gun going off but the sound of it sliding onto the floor seemed louder to me than it probably was. I could just see in my mind returning to the sanctuary with everyone pointing at me and asking me if I had dropped my gun in the bathroom. It wasn't a pretty thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi 117 View Post
    I really like is it rides higher than the PJHolster,
    This Kusiak looks to be a LOW riding rig to my eyes... does the grip sit ABOVE the belt level?

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    This Kusiak looks to be a LOW riding rig to my eyes... does the grip sit ABOVE the belt level?
    Just at the top of the belt. Very comfortable and I can still draw quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    Just at the top of the belt. Very comfortable and I can still draw quickly.
    Thanks for the pix.

What I thought... and typically this is regarded as LOW ride.. which I like :-)

So ... PJ rides even LOWER ... BELOW the belt????

Thanks on another lead to a fine looking holster.
    I'm always a sucker for a new one.