CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow - Kusiak Holster for CM9

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    This Kusiak looks to be a LOW riding rig to my eyes... does the grip sit ABOVE the belt level?
    Yeah, I guess it isn't really a high rider. To me, the Kusiak rides a little bit higher & straighter due the the PJHolster cant of about 15 degrees. I checked both holsters for you, and I get a better grip acquisition because the trigger guard on the Kusiak doesn't come up as high. The backside of the Kusiak also doesn't come up as high as the PJHolster. The Kusiak just has more of the grip exposed for acquisition. I just get a better grip with the Kusiak. Hope my explanation makes sense.
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    I've been carrying my CM9 in a Blackhawk IWB holster for about 6 months. It had terrible retention (my gun fell out on the floor of the restroom at church and I was sure that everyone in the sanctuary across the hall heard it). Since I carry with one in the pipe, I wanted something more secure. I considered a PJ holster since the reviews are so good but I really wanted leather. I bought a Galco and was unhappy because it hung up on the slide release. Then I saw a leather Kusiak holster on a forum for the S&W Bodyguard 380. The quality looked good and they listed on for the PM9 so I took the plunge. Minutes after ordering, my bride said, "I want one for my gun too!" so I called Pepi Kusiak and he included it in the same box with no additional shipping. I placed the order on Tuesday and received the holsters on the next Monday. He makes the holsters himself and guarantees satisfaction. Price is just $35 or $45 with a built-in mag holder. Here is a link to their site: Kusiak Leather Pictures follow. The last one shows my CM9 with my bride's Bodyguard 380.
    How good is the retention? I'm guessing it must be good since you switched to it because of a retention issue. It's a nice looking holster, thin, simple, right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    How good is the retention? I'm guessing it must be good since you switched to it because of a retention issue. It's a nice looking holster, thin, simple, right up my alley.
    Retention is great. It takes a deliberate draw to remove it from the holster. By that I mean that it won't fall out even with a lot of movement (jogging, bending over, etc.) but comes out quickly when you need it to. Gives me a feeling of safety while not impeding using my weapon quickly if required. I also appreciate that when I draw or re-holster it does not hang up but allows a smooth motion - something I could not do with the Galco.

Quote Originally Posted by southsound View Post
    Retention is great. It takes a deliberate draw to remove it from the holster. By that I mean that it won't fall out even with a lot of movement (jogging, bending over, etc.) but comes out quickly when you need it to. Gives me a feeling of safety while not impeding using my weapon quickly if required. I also appreciate that when I draw or re-holster it does not hang up but allows a smooth motion - something I could not do with the Galco.
    +1...well said. I do love this holster for when I carry the CM9 IWB.

Thanks, guess I'll try one. The only thing I see that I don't like about it is I wish it would come a little higher on the trigger guard.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Thanks, guess I'll try one. The only thing I see that I don't like about it is I wish it would come a little higher on the trigger guard.
    I wouldn't worry too much, as the holster gets used, it loosens up slightly, allowing the CM9 to seat a little farther down, hence, a little more trigger guard coverage. I wear this holster frequently, and have never worried about the trigger being covered. If you want "Full" trigger guard coverage, then check out the PJHolster. It too is a great holster. Either way, I think you'll be fine. Let us know which way you decide to go! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi 117 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much, as the holster gets used, it loosens up slightly, allowing the CM9 to seat a little farther down, hence, a little more trigger guard coverage. I wear this holster frequently, and have never worried about the trigger being covered. If you want "Full" trigger guard coverage, then check out the PJHolster. It too is a great holster. Either way, I think you'll be fine. Let us know which way you decide to go! Good luck.
    I ordered a PJ pocket holster a week or so ago. I may order his IWB after I get the pocket holster and see how well I like it. But I'd prefer something in leather, tuckable, rides low, and doesn't add much bulk. They don't list a tuckable Kusiak on their website, but do have them for other models that are tuckable, so I'd think making one wouldn't be a problem. I just need to contact them and see.

I wear a tucked in polo shirt 5 days a week with no coat except for the winter. I also spend about half of my time behind a windshield. I had originally thought I'd pocket carry the CM9, but I'm just not sure that's going to work out. We'll see once the PJ comes though.

Can anyone comment on this Kusiak holster vs. the ones that have a huge hide backing?

My inexperienced impression is that the backing would help to even out the pressure from the gun so that no sharp edges poked me in the ribs, but that it would get sweatier.

I saw a lot of comments here about how comfortable this is, so I'm encouraged by that. But my comfort threshold is a little higher than most. I wish I could trade in my skin on a new one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    I have unsubscribed all threads. If you wish to contact me, please send a PM.
    If you want to know why, go to this thread: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?p=226512

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

P.S. YES, that notch in the rail is supposed to be there!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    Can anyone comment on this Kusiak holster vs. the ones that have a huge hide backing?

My inexperienced impression is that the backing would help to even out the pressure from the gun so that no sharp edges poked me in the ribs, but that it would get sweatier.

I saw a lot of comments here about how comfortable this is, so I'm encouraged by that. But my comfort threshold is a little higher than most. I wish I could trade in my skin on a new one.
    I have no experience with a "High Leather Backed" holster for the PM/CM9, but I have no problems wearing my CM9 in the Kusiak or PJHolster without anything protecting my skin. My normal carry is front pocket or in one these holsters, while wearing a t-shirt for protection. The Kusiak is versatile enough that it can be carried from 2-5 o'clock, and even cross draw while driving. I saw you PM'd someone on a used Kusiak, I think you'll really like it. Good luck!

Yeah, I figured it was worth the risk.
    Do you tuck in the t-shirt, and how visible does that make the grip?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    I have unsubscribed all threads. If you wish to contact me, please send a PM.
    If you want to know why, go to this thread: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?p=226512

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

P.S. YES, that notch in the rail is supposed to be there!