Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wow - Kusiak Holster for CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    Yeah, I figured it was worth the risk.
    Do you tuck in the t-shirt, and how visible does that make the grip?
    My reference to a t-shirt means I tuck it in, put on the holster, and cover with a Hawaiian type shirt or light jacket. I can (but rarely do) wear just an un-tucked light shirt over the holster, with the gun/holster against my skin with no problems. Normally in the case that it's too hot for anything more than a t-shirt or polo, the CM9 goes in the front pocket! Once you get the holster, play around with positions & clothing combos (while the gun is un-loaded) and you'll get a feel for what I'm talking about. In regards to the grip on any weapon I carry, I used to worry about it in the beginning, but now I don't worry about it showing, as you'll find most people won't notice anyway! Obviously, the tighter the shirt, the more the grip can be noticed. Hence, exactly why I like Hawaiian shirts in any kind of weather!
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi 117 View Post
    My reference to a t-shirt means I tuck it in, put on the holster, and cover with a Hawaiian type shirt or light jacket. I can (but rarely do) wear just an un-tucked light shirt over the holster, with the gun/holster against my skin with no problems. Normally in the case that it's too hot for anything more than a t-shirt or polo, the CM9 goes in the front pocket! Once you get the holster, play around with positions & clothing combos (while the gun is un-loaded) and you'll get a feel for what I'm talking about. In regards to the grip on any weapon I carry, I used to worry about it in the beginning, but now I don't worry about it showing, as you'll find most people won't notice anyway! Obviously, the tighter the shirt, the more the grip can be noticed. Hence, exactly why I like Hawaiian shirts in any kind of weather!
    I "hide" my existing OWB holster with a cellphone pouch in front of it and that helps, but people still notice if I'm not wearing an overshirt. I'm working toward trying to carry with a tucked t-shirt, even if I have to tuck it loosely and let some folds of fabric cover the grip.

I tried out a Desantis holster at the store that was really low, but it was uncomfortable and I had to do some serious digging to get a couple of fingers around the grip.

Well, I'll try this one out and see. Maybe I just need to lose some weight so I can wear a tucked t-short and an overshirt without sweating a river.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    I have unsubscribed all threads. If you wish to contact me, please send a PM.
    If you want to know why, go to this thread: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?p=226512

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

P.S. YES, that notch in the rail is supposed to be there!

Kusiak emailed me that he doesn't make a holster specifically for the CM9. What model fits the same as a CM9..??
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Kusiak emailed me that he doesn't make a holster specifically for the CM9. What model fits the same as a CM9..??
    Thanks.
    From Kusiak's web site, the model we're talking about is for the PM series, specifically the PM9 & PM40. It will work for the CM series also!

http://www.kusiakleather.com/store.html

Thanks Yogi

Thanks Yogi. I just ordered one for my CM9. On the site, it says he uses Herman Oak leather. Definitely a step up from more common holsters. Not a bad price, either.

I'll post my impressions here after I have it and have worn it.
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Thanks Yogi. I just ordered one for my CM9. On the site, it says he uses Herman Oak leather. Definitely a step up from more common holsters. Not a bad price, either.

I'll post my impressions here after I have it and have worn it.
    As I know you're a huge PJHolster fan, as am I, I think you'll like this one just as well. Granted, it's a straight drop holster, but it does allow you to carry pretty much anywhere you want, to include crossdraw while driving (for a righty)! Easy on & off...easy draw & re-holstering...not quite as thin as the PJ, but very comfy just the same! Look forward to your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi 117 View Post
    I hear ya. I got lucky & found a used PJHolster on this forum & the seller thru in a Pocket DeSantis Super Fly & the Kusiak, all for $50. A Happy Camper was I, for sure, as I use all 3 holsters!
    I'm still waiting on mine. You really got a deal!
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    I'm still waiting on mine. You really got a deal!
    Thanks my friend. Yours will be there before you know it. Here's to another holster meeting your needs.

New guy here in the Kahr world. In the state of Ohio it is illegal to carry in a place of worship, not sure I would chance it either. But that hoslter is a nice one for the money. Nothing more embarrasing than your piece comeing out at the wrong time. I use the Remora sticky holsters and love them. No belt clip at all, just a sticky outside material to grip to your clothing and it holds tight. The nice thing about not haveing a belt clip is you can position it any way you want to, I love that you can cant at any angle, or place in any position on your waist, you don't have to worry about a belt loop being in the way, ride it as high or low as you want. Very comfortable holster. I have 8 of these for various pistols I own, I like the ones with the Kydex top support the best for IWB. I just received one for my MK40 and it also fits my M&P Shield 40 like it was made for it. Maybe better than it fits the Kahr.