Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: P380 striker prevents chambering...

I would wonder if something's wrong with the striker safety block... or the tiny spring underneath it missing? This would allow the striker to go forward any time... not good!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I wanted to post an update on my p380.

First off, as humbling as it is to say, I think it has been my fault.

The posters on the first page described the workings of the striker fired action perfectly and I wasn't listening. I think dry firing was messing me up- said another way, I think I was trying to load rounds with the striker all the way forward instead of first resetting it behind the block. Duh. Now I make sure to lock back the slide, release it, then proceed with inserting the magazine and either locking back the slide or racking a round. Many posts on this forum have stated you must hear it click all the way back or it's not reset. And that is certainly the case. After the last round, the slide locks back and the striker is back in the channel as normal. I have had no problems this way and shot over 150 rounds yesterday.

Early on, the striker block was sticky and that was confusing me too. After shooting the gun some more, working the striker block up and down and everything well, the gun has worked flawlessly and shoots very well. I put two cans of gun scrubber though it but I think the CRC/NAPA stuff works just as well.

I over-greased the slide rails and after firing a lot of rounds, the grease was building up combined with fouling. This was preventing the slide from returning to full battery. I took the adage 'she likes to run wet' a little too far... Again, my fault.

So thanks to all the posters who have helped. After cleaning and shooting the pistol more I understand it, and I think that familiarity has helped me, just has been said on here a thousand times. Just my ignorance.

I will update with changes but again I really love the gun. The 'full auto' post had me laughing tho...

Thanks again guys, we're lucky to have top notch expert posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by pm9094n View Post
    I wanted to post an update on my p380.

First off, as humbling as it is to say, I think it has been my fault.

The posters on the first page described the workings of the striker fired action perfectly and I wasn't listening. I think dry firing was messing me up- said another way, I think I was trying to load rounds with the striker all the way forward instead of first resetting it behind the block. Duh. Now I make sure to lock back the slide, release it, then proceed with inserting the magazine and either locking back the slide or racking a round. Many posts on this forum have stated you must hear it click all the way back or it's not reset. And that is certainly the case. After the last round, the slide locks back and the striker is back in the channel as normal. I have had no problems this way and shot over 150 rounds yesterday.

Early on, the striker block was sticky and that was confusing me too. After shooting the gun some more, working the striker block up and down and everything well, the gun has worked flawlessly and shoots very well. I put two cans of gun scrubber though it but I think the CRC/NAPA stuff works just as well.

I over-greased the slide rails and after firing a lot of rounds, the grease was building up combined with fouling. This was preventing the slide from returning to full battery. I took the adage 'she likes to run wet' a little too far... Again, my fault.

So thanks to all the posters who have helped. After cleaning and shooting the pistol more I understand it, and I think that familiarity has helped me, just has been said on here a thousand times. Just my ignorance.

I will update with changes but again I really love the gun. The 'full auto' post had me laughing tho...

Thanks again guys, we're lucky to have top notch expert posters here.
    glad you figured it out. I really like my p380 . Now waiting on the cw380.lol

That is a "C" model that I might have been interested in... but I have TWO P380s. Shooter's had them on sale for $480 and I couldn't believe the price and thought that might work for my wife... as I did the P9 DLC with Novak NS that I bought on this forum a month or so later! She hasn't shot either, but both of those are working fine now, with a little help from Kahr on the P380.

The MSRP is $100 less than the CM series!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".