Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: P380 striker prevents chambering...

Quote Originally Posted by kerby9mm View Post
    I just (on my mk9) pushed the pin forward by depressing the s block then super slowly chambered a round & as the base of the round slid up the breechface the firing pin retracted into the channel smoothly with no hangups. By the way the round fully chambered and was caught by the extractor then ejected. My mk9 chambers so smoothly you can't even tell a round is going in the pipe.
    They are smooth. I can hand rack and load mine without any problems. I only have about 300 rounds through it so far. How many rounds fired in Yours? I put the wood grips on mine and it is a beauty.

Something is definitely wrong. Finally got to play with the gun today and pulling the slide back definitely does not reset everything. The striker remains forward of the stricker block. I need some help. I'm afraid of acc discharge.

When I dry fire then lock back the slide back sometimes the pin is out & sometimes it is bsck because the pin itself has no return spring. I still think when firing the sudden back then forward motion of the slide makes the pin retract. Without reading all this over on my phone is your pin jamming things when firing.

Yes intermittently.
    I'm calling Kahr tomorrow.

Also my pm9 doesn't have this problem

Quote Originally Posted by pm9094n View Post
    Something is definitely wrong. Finally got to play with the gun today and pulling the slide back definitely does not reset everything. The striker remains forward of the stricker block. I need some help. I'm afraid of acc discharge.
    Just pulling the slide back does not reset everything. The striker may not "reset/retract" until the slide moves forward enough for the cocking cam to engage it. Once engaged by the cocking cam, the striker will remain stationary (relative to the cocking cam) as the slide continues forward. As the slide moves forward the striker block will pass a point on the striker where it can reset.

I didn't read where you have done a complete strip of the slide. If you haven't I suggest you do so and give all the parts a good cleaning (to include the tunnel in the slide). Inspect them for damage as well. Then reassemble the clean parts (no lube) and retest.

Another thought would be that your striker is too long or not profiled correctly. Would it be possible for you to post photos of how far the striker extends from the breech face and of it's tip?
    Regards,
    Greg

Thanks Greg, I took pix last night but had trouble downloading

Greg, I understand about reset and retracting the slide. But I can't load a round sometimes as recommended by Kahr without the striker pin preventing chambering. So I have to drop the mag, clear the jammed cartridge, pull back and lock the slide, reach under the slide and manually slide the pin back while making sure the block engages and prevents forward motion, then load another mag, seeing the firing pin is not protruding into the breach face, release the slide and then fire .

Can I email pix from my iPhone to a member for posting?

Quote Originally Posted by pm9094n View Post
    Greg, I understand about reset and retracting the slide. But I can't load a round sometimes as recommended by Kahr without the striker pin preventing chambering. So I have to drop the mag, clear the jammed cartridge, pull back and lock the slide, reach under the slide and manually slide the pin back while making sure the block engages and prevents forward motion, then load another mag, seeing the firing pin is not protruding into the breach face, release the slide and then fire .
    I thought you might, but just wanted to reiterate that. I've sent you PM in regards to the photo(s).
    Regards,
    Greg