Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr collectability?

Default Kahr collectability?

I have a k40 Covert that I'm thinking of having some custom work done on. Specifically, l am thinking of having it magna ported although the recoil is far from unbearable and maybe some kind of hard coat like duracoat or cerakote. I understand that my particular model which was made in July of '98 is somewhat hard to find. I understand that modding any firearm can decrease it's collector value. Do any of you think that my Kahr or any of them would be of interest to a collector in the future or do you think they're to much of a niche product to the point that only a Kahr enthusiast could appreciate them? To mod or not. Thanks.

You can have your cake and eat it too, if you're willing to spend the money. Buy a new slide and barrel and have them ported. Keep the original to preserve the value of the pistol, if that is a concern. I would not spend that much money, but it is an option.

IDK, but maybe you could get a T40 barrel and have it ported like the ported barrels that Kahr sells.
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medication to the dead." Thomas Paine

not really any collectablevalue in kahrs. they are service guns,certainly not works of art or anything like that. If u like the K40 covert, then I would do exactly as ur wanting to do. Magna porting it will make a nicer shooter for u to andif u wantto spend some extra bucks a different finish wold makeit look very nice.. I wouldnot buy an extra slide or barrel, just go for it..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

There was no collector value in the war surplus 1911 A-1. My old man sold a steamer trunk full of them for $35 a copy. Wish I had a trunk full of war surplus 1911 A-1 pistols today. Just sayin'.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Nice analogy. People collect everything. I myself kept every single staple I pulled from paperwork in 2012. Quite a sizeable pile. Put them in a plastic box and display it on my desk.

That being said I'd probably do what you want to do. The way things are any gun might become collectable, might as well have what works for you today and don't worry about tomorrow until it gets here.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default and back

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    There was no collector value in the war surplus 1911 A-1. My old man sold a steamer trunk full of them for $35 a copy. Wish I had a trunk full of war surplus 1911 A-1 pistols today. Just sayin'.
    then, more than likely $35 was a good tidy profit. Hindsight is always 20-20. If one thinks its gonna be worth sumpin then keep it. no harm no foul.

course u can also save staples to. thats where the real bucks are. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Yeah, I'm just gonna do what I want. Unlike my first kahr that I sold, this ones gonna stay with me for while. I really like it. A new finish can wait. I was just thinking ahead in the future when it gets surface scratches from wear what I might want to do with it.

Actually the staple collection is a two pronged exercise. Most folks are slobs and toss used staples in the general direction of a waste recepticle, usually missing.
    I often times pick those up with my tires and either cut, puncture or otherwise inflict pain on my wheel pushers (hands) or on a couple occasions had to lose a lap, pull into the pits and fix a tire.

You laugh, when I'm president that staple collection might just be priceless.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

[QUOTE=jocko;216350]then, more than likely $35 was a good tidy profit. Hindsight is always 20-20. If one thinks its gonna be worth sumpin then keep it. no harm no foul.

course u can also save staples to. thats where the real bucks are. Just sayin[/QUOTE

I think he made about 10 bucks a gun which wasn't bad money back in the day. Hind sight is always 20/20.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380