Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Happy New Kahr Owner

Default Happy New Kahr Owner

Hi all!

My wife and I have never owned a Kahr. In fact, we didn't know much about them, and still don't, but we're learning. But, a couple of days ago, we were looking for her a new concealed carry piece. In a local pawn shop, we saw a NIB Kahr CM9. I immediately liked the fit and finish of the machined parts, and the very light, very smooth DA trigger pull. She liked the way it felt in her hand and the price was right, so we bought it. The next day we took it to the range. Oooooh, yea! This is a sweet-shooting gun. The recoil is very manageable, and it's comfortable to shoot. Given that neither of us had even HELD a Kahr before, it was surprisingly accurate in our hands. This little gem is a keeper and as soon as she gets a Flash-Bang holster for it, its going out with her every day.

I'm looking forward to talking with you people, learning more about these guns, and possibly imparting some of my knowledge, as well. I'm 59, and I've been shooting since I was a child, and been carrying concealed since SC enacted their concealed carry law in 1996. I've also carried openly for 5 years while living in NC, and carried as a uniformed armed security guard and as a plain clothes stop-loss officer for a major discount chain. Now I carry a concealed Springfield XD9SC daily. My wife has also been shooting since early on and has been carrying concealed for about 5 years now. We're both staunch 2A defenders and firmly believe in μολν λαβέ.

Welcome glad you found us. I'm sure our resident Perpetual New Guy Jocko will be along requesting pictures of your wife wearing the flashbang.

Don't pay him no mind at all. That's completely normble around here and something you just need to wrap your mind around and get used to.

Glad your off to a good start with your CM9 and I suspect it won't be an only child for too long as you'll want one for yourself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome! And what this ^ guy said.
    This place isn't safe.

Talking The Big Grin Club!

Welcome to you and your wife, Keltyke! There is a wealth of valuable information in the New Member Area and the Kahr-Tech sections of the forum.

And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
    Very interesting...

Hello, Keltyke, and welcome from Missouri to a really great forum. Good people and info here!

Take care, and best wishes to you and yours!
    Geologist Bob
    US Navy P-3 Pilot, Army Guard Huey & Blackhawk Pilot (ret.)

Welcome from balmy North Dakota
    I'll admit---I'm trigger happy