Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P380 Tell me why I should not buy gun Or why I should!

I love mine. I followed Jocko's advice for break-in, and not one failure to feed or failure to eject with five out of six types of ammo so far. Loves Federal FMJ, Remington JHP, LAWMAN FMJ, Speer Gold Dot, Hornady Critical Defense, Hornady Zombie, and Corbon Pow'r Ball. Doesn't like to load WWinchester PDX, due to the ridges at the front of the bullet. Even though Kahr says it won't load a round if you "slingshot" the slide, mine will. It's a black one without night sights (the LGS did not have the black version with night sights when I bought it). I plan to purchase the XS night sights for it. It is the one I choose to take, over My Glock 33, due to the ease of which you can pocket carry it. I recommend the holster from pocketholsters.com. Awesome. Looks like a wallet to everyone else.

Oh yeah. It's also fun to shoot at the range. I am as accurate with it as my Glock 33.

I miscounted. I guess it loves 7 out of 8 types of ammo.

For the price difference (retail approx $400). I would get the new CW380 when it starts shipping. That's the one I've been waiting 2 years for.

I bought an LCP with crimson trace when they first came out. It was very compact and so comfortable to carry I forgot it was there most of the time. But I HATED shooting it. As long as you were standing where I was aiming, you'd be safe! The trigger pull was too firm and very long, there was also not enough gun to hold onto...I think the laser made it worse than it would have been without it. Plus it had some jamming issues. It was less money, but to me it wasn't worth it.

now my lcp never belched. It was a fine gun, but a ***** to shoot compared to my P380 and highly inaccurate in my handjs. I actually shot my P380 beter than my two PM9 and my K9, . Ihave no fokking clue why that is either. Mys on has the P380 now and I traded my lcp even up for anutter blunt nose PMJ9 which has been flawless. I really don't have a desire for a 380 ads my PMJ9 goes in my jeans front pocket with ease. I is not a fast draw area but for me it isthere 24/7 and that is the important thing and a 9mm trumps a 380 all day long. I think the cw380 willbe a big hit when it comes on the market to. Its price point wil be much closer to the lcp and if u feel um both, u will choose the cw380 8 out of 10 times.. I ckan't knock the lcp though it went bang and that is #1 with any gun..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I picked up a new one on gunbroker for 650 with night sights. Not too bad. Excellent firearm. Quality for sure. Very light.

Default Re: P380 Tell me why I should not buy gun Or why I should!

I have a Kahr P380. It is a quality little gun. I added a Crimson Trace laser when they were on sale. I like the little P380, but I almost never carried it unless I need very deep concealment.

I now also have a Kahr PM9 and it conceal very very well. I now get no value added in the size of the P380 because I can hide the PM9 is everything I wear.

I am keeping the P380, but it just does not come out of the safe as often.

Quote Originally Posted by phil413tx View Post
    I have a p380 (w/ crimson trace) and a k9 as well. I am amazed how accurate the little p380 is for such a small gun. It is a fun little gun to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flincher View Post
    I'm guilty of impulse buying a .380 "pocket-rocket", by jumping on a KeltecThen after being completely disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    now my lcp never belched. It was a fine gun, but a ***** to shoot compared to my P380 and highly inaccurate in my hands.
    This is why I suggest you pay double and purchase the p380. I too bought a Keltec .380 and was all over the paper at seven yards. A lot of people will argue that a .380 is a "belly gun", and won't be used at more than ten feet. If you're convinced of this, then you may be fine with a Keltec or Ruger. I want a gun that's accurate at a minimum of seven yards. The cheaper brands tend to have stiff triggers and kick more while shooting which results in poor accuracy. The p380 has a nice trigger and shoots as accurately as larger guns.

If you buy a p380, follow the break-in suggestions. If you want to shoot 250 rounds your first time out, I suggest you take along a rag and gun oil. Clean the rails and feed ramp after every 50 rounds. Expect to have malfunctions during the break-in period. After you've broken the gun in with 200-250 rounds give it a thorough cleaning. Now here's the key IMO, little Kahrs are not range guns for the most part. They're built to tight tolerances and tend to malfunction when dirty. Don't judge your gun on 200 round range sessions; judge it on 50 round sessions. If you can reliably shoot fifty rounds without a malfunction I think it's a reliable carry gun. Also, don't judge it with weak, dirty range ammo. Prove it up with quality SD ammo, such as Speer Gold Dot or Federal, that's hot enough to consistently cycle the slide. Be sure to maintain a firm grip and stiff wrist, as the p380 is prone to malfunction when limp wristing. Just my two cents.

If you are looking for a .380 that is truly small take a look at the Masterpiece Arms .380 Protector II. For the price (less than $300.00) it is a really nice tiny pistol (same size & weight as a Seecamp .380). All metal construction and the barrel is ported which really does help with the recoil. MUCH better trigger than the LCP also. Have had mine for about a year now and has been 100% with about 200 rounds through it. Perfect carry gun when "you can't carry a real gun" if you know what I mean.