Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P45 Sights problem (long)

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    The older dovetail is cut at a different angle, is wider, and appears slightly deeper.
    Here's a comparison of two photos; while certainly not definitive and these are not on a 45, you should be able to get an idea of the differences (old style on the left):

Here's the photo jocko speaketh of:

Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks for posting this... my wife got me the Trijicons for my CW45 for Christmas. I've been a bit leary to install them because my slide DEFINATELY does NOT have a dimple in it. The dovetail does match the pic on the left though... glad to see the wording in bold at bottom. It was purchased new back in November 2012 so I was surprised it was missing the dimple.
    Respectfully,
    Automatic

I don't think they dimple the cw45 as it is not needed...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

CJB,
    That would be my first thought as well, and in fact I first did have that idea. So I ve shot from a rest, used different weights and makes of ammo, had friends that shoot as well as me try it, and it always shoots low. Mine isn't as bad as the OP, but a couple inches at 7 yards nonetheless.
    So now I am trying the sights. Just as a side note, I hold the same certifications as you note in your signature line.

I'm open to the idea of operator error, but that doesn't explain me earlier 200 rounds of success with the original sights. I think I'm going to get a bore sighting laser to check things out.

Well, that did it. Replaced the 45 front night sight (meprolight) with the 380 front night sight (trijicon) and now it shoots point of aim with 230 grain loads.

Now all I have to do is get a working 380 front sight. This extra one I had is dead, so I'll either get it fixed or just purchase a new one.

That's 5 rounds at 7 yards offhand. I LOVE this gun!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you happen toes sure the difference in height between the .380 and the .45 front site?

45 - .170"
    /
    380 - .130"

I can take a photo of both sights in the dovetail side by side if you like

That would be awesome if you could.

Quote Originally Posted by josp View Post
    Just as a side note, I hold the same certifications as you note in your signature line.
    Very cool!

Can't tell ya how many guys can not shoot that M9 Beretta. I had problems with it, and it took concentrated effort to hit the target and develop the correct trigger control.

I had a boat load of problems with the Kahr too...

Weird that its off a couple of inches at 7 yards... based on a 5 inch sight radius... that would be a .039" or so of something out of kilter at the gun end, either sights or barrel. The barrel is NOT out of kilter by that much, so it would have to be the sights. Thats just over 1/32 of an inch.

You changed your front sight from a .170 to a .130... so that pretty much pans out. The question is why?

Sight manufacturer I guess. Standard Kahr sights are on as per the OP, and the 380 sight I have is a trijicon. The 45 sight I have is a meprolight.