Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walmart! It's officially announced

I haven't seen .223 anywhere. Cabela's has a shelf that extends the whole length of the aisle that has .223 across the top shelf and continues onto the second shelf. It's been 100% empty. Sportsman's has had none and Wal-mart doesn't have any ammo.

Here's the solution to the 3 or 4 box limit at WallyWorld

Walk in and buy your 3 boxes. Go pay. Go to car, put this on and go back in and get 3 more boxes. Repeat as necessary

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

The panic buying will slow down significantly when credit card statements begin to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by RRP View Post
    The panic buying will slow down significantly when credit card statements begin to arrive.
    some people will be in a panic on trying to figure out how to pay there bill....
    the last few times i've been in wally's to check on ammo, the sales person asked if thats all i wanted & smiled so i went & grabbed more..
    BOB

Default Re: Walmart! It's officially announced

Went back to Walmart today. >10 boxes of 410 PDX1 and >10 boxes of 7mm. That's it. Empty other than that. 3 workers behind the desk bored out of their minds.

Then JACKPOT! Stopped by Academy and they had loads, relatively speaking. Most Ive seen in months. 150+ boxes of 9mm FMJ. 100+ Monarch, 40 Gold Dot Lawman, 10 Remington. About 30 boxes of 40cal. 20 boxes of 45. Same of 308, 223, lesd of 10mm, 357, etc. Only one I didn't see was 5.56, haven't seen that since November, at least.

Hopefully we're seeing a flicker of light and the end of this ammo shortage. Maybe not. Still only allowed one box per caliber, three boxes total. Ugh.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

Walmart ... yuk. Always feel the need for a shower after the rare times I go there. Bad selection, bad clerks, bad customers (sorry - I'm assuming I have never seen any of you there).

My local farm store has always been really good on prices and selection - much better than what I have seen at Walmart - but this week, for the first time, their shelves were starting to feature more dust than ammo.

This too, shall pass. I hope.
    "Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, speak once."

picked up another 3 box limit of .40 federal today & was talking with the lady, she told me there talking about lowering the limit per day down to 1.
    she said that there no longer getting there shipment statements showing ammo listed on the incoming manifests, due to employees giving info out to friends or customers asking to scan the bar code to see if any are on the next truck.
    she said the government is behind this action on the limit amount to only 1 box.
    BOB

Quote Originally Posted by ESAFO View Post
    she said the government is behind this action on the limit amount to only 1 box.
    So WalMart is a government tool? Maybe they are, in which case there would be even LESS reason to go to one, but it's hard to believe that WalMart clerks would know that, one way or another.

Much more likely due to dorky WalMart internal policies having to do with preventing bare shelves, which always look bad at a retailer.

Then again, I have only been inside a WalMart twice in my life, so I might be full of ****.
    Last edited by QuercusMax; 02-09-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    "Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, speak once."

I think that they "made a deal" with Obummer and crowd to keep the gub'mint from coming down harder on Walmart for a LOT of other stuff. Liberals hate Walmart and want to bring it down. Walmart got big and rich by bringing people what they wanted... mostly cheap stuff from China!

I shop there a lot, but buy MOST of my ammo online... cheaper and no tax. That has changed and all of the taxing agencies want to start "milking" that cow... and drain it to death. The states will want to tax it to and from the state and the gub'mint wants to tax all transactions. After all, it's THEIR money and THEY think we get to use TOO MUCH of it. They tax it when we make it, when we spend it, and when we die, they want the rest!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Not surprising at all