Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen

Thread: CW9 installation

Default CW9 installation

Who has experience adding a CT to a CW9? How difficult was it? Any tricks I should know? How do they hold up? Are you happy with the CT?

I put a laser-lyte on my wife's still allows traditional sighting very accurate. under $100 you won't be disappointed!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

How difficult was it? If you can tighten 2 allen wrench screws that is all it takes.

Any tricks I should know. just lay it on a solid surface

How do they hold up? I have used mine for 6 mo with no problems carry it every day

Are you happy with the CT? Yes

Should take less then 10 min. to install, but remember it needs final adjustment to be sighted correct.
    If you look around on line you can get some good prices mine was $160 shipped.

Mike

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by siam View Post
    How difficult was it? If you can tighten 2 allen wrench screws that is all it takes.

Any tricks I should know. just lay it on a solid surface

How do they hold up? I have used mine for 6 mo with no problems carry it every day

Are you happy with the CT? Yes

Should take less then 10 min. to install, but remember it needs final adjustment to be sighted correct.
    If you look around on line you can get some good prices mine was $160 shipped.

Mike
    I agree! You'll love it. Great company and customer service.
    Rod

URL=http://s931.photobucket.com/user/vanpeltrk/media/0103132313.jpg.html][/URL]
    KAHR CW9, GLOCK 36, GLOCK 26,
    Smith and Wesson 40VE
    RUGER SR22, RUGER Mini 14, HENRY .22, REMINGTON 597 .22, RMINGTON MODEL 4 .270, REMINGTON 1100,

Installing is a piece of cake. The one problem I had was that the bright lights at the indoor range made it impossible to see, so I wasn't able to get it sighted in. I'll have to wait until I get to fire it outdoors in some shade or late in the evening.

Smile

To sight in, I just looked through the sights at an obect on the living room wall 20 ft away, and adjusted it as I pointed the gun (empty, of course). That was good enough for me. Kind of like bore sighting a rifle and scope.
    Hope this helps save you a bunch of ammo.
    Rod
    Smith and Wesson 40VE
    RUGER SR22, RUGER Mini 14, HENRY .22, REMINGTON 597 .22, RMINGTON MODEL 4 .270, REMINGTON 1100,

Quote Originally Posted by rvanpelt View Post
    To sight in, I just looked through the sights at an ojbect on the living room wall 20 ft away, and adjusted it as I pointed the gun (empty, of course). That was good enough for me. Kind of like bore sighting a rifle and scope.
    Hope this helps save you a bunch of ammo.
    Rod
    Thanks, Rod. I had already done that very same thing; but I will be curious to see how well that method actually worked.

RevRay, I never touched the elevation or windage after that except when I replaced the battery which entails removing the one half which covers the battery. And then it was a small adjustment of the elevation.
    Hope yours works as well.
    Rod
    Smith and Wesson 40VE

I know this is an old thread but I'll add something for future readers:

After installing my CT on my CW9, the laser was off target high and to the right, so much so that I couldn't get it adjusted to suit me. After about 2 months of wrestling with it, I removed it and found that the date code sticker that is applied to the internals on one of the halves overlapped onto where the CT frame overlaps the bottom of the gun's trigger guard. This was just enough to throw the entire shebang off-center. I peeled the label off and reapplied it properly and everything was fine after a little readjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by RevRay View Post
    Installing is a piece of cake. The one problem I had was that the bright lights at the indoor range made it impossible to see, so I wasn't able to get it sighted in. I'll have to wait until I get to fire it outdoors in some shade or late in the evening.
    I will also add something that I learned since I first posted on this thread ... if ever you find that the red dot seems to be losing its brightness, first try cleaning the lens. As I said above, I was having a hard time seeing my red dot in daylight ... my shooting partner suggested I clean my lens ... so I did, and now it is perfectly fine. Duh!