CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: Kahr polymer framed guns not firing when cold *UPDATED* Kahr fixed it.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by GlockShok View Post
    It's a $15 part if you were to grind off too much material. There is no safety issue with the modification. Or you can wait three weeks for Kahr to fix it and be out of a carry piece. That seems like a fantastic idea.
    I don't recommend that anyone rework a trigger except for Kahr Arms, or a qualified gunsmith. Anything more than field stripping the gun can void your 5 year warranty. Tampering with the trigger can set you up for a liability lawsuit and a lifetime of regret. The trigger on a Kahr pistol should break well before the trigger contacts the frame and Kahr triggers do have considerable overtravel. They aren't target pistols. If your trigger isn't functioning properly it deserves the attention of Kahr Arms. Many of the fixes found on this web are band-aid fixes. They rectify the problem without addressing the true cause. All of us have paid a good dollar for our guns and the guns shouldn't have to be jury rigged to make them work properly. That's my opinion and I believe that Kahr Arms would concur. If you can't be without a gun for a few weeks you don't own enough guns.
    Last edited by muggsy; 01-19-2016 at 06:53 AM.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380