Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolff #5 striker springs

Default Wolff #5 striker springs

I know there has been a couple threads already about the Wolff striker springs. My question is for those who have had them installed for some time. Have you had any reliability issues or light strikes over the course of having the springs installed?

I purchased a set of 3 a couple days ago. They're not exspensive at all so if they don't work out it won't be a huge loss. I plan on putting one in my cm9 and maybe my cw380, although the cw380 has a nice broke in trigger already.
    Kahr Pm9 DLC
    Sig p320
    S&w 642
    S&w model 64-1

I have them in my PM45 and never had an issue.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have them in my CM9 and haven't had any problems. I put one in my P380 and didn't notice much of a difference in trigger feel.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Yeah the trigger on my cw380 seems slightly different then my cm9. Both have good triggers but the 380 seems a tad lighter.
    Kahr Pm9 DLC
    Sig p320
    S&w 642
    S&w model 64-1

It varies from gun to gun too. For example I had a trigger gauge I borrowed when I did my PM45. With the factory striker spring the trigger pull was just slightly over 5#'s anyhow.
    With the new 5# spring is was just slightly under has gotten a bit lighter over time.

A new PM45 trigger is supposed to be in the 5-7# range, so if a guy got one with a 7# trigger the new spring might make a much more significant improvement. I suspect that there is some slight variation in the new 5# springs too, so like in my case it might actually have made the pull heavier if the new spring was on the heavier side.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It varies from gun to gun too. For example I had a trigger gauge I borrowed when I did my PM45. With the factory striker spring the trigger pull was just slightly over 5#'s anyhow.
    With the new 5# spring is was just slightly under has gotten a bit lighter over time.

A new PM45 trigger is supposed to be in the 5-7# range, so if a guy got one with a 7# trigger the new spring might make a much more significant improvement. I suspect that there is some slight variation in the new 5# springs too, so like in my case it might actually have made the pull heavier if the new spring was on the heavier side.

Thats would kinda suck to buy and install a spring that was actually heavier. Although like I've said before it wasn't expensive and if it works out even better. I wish a had a trigger guard though.
    Kahr Pm9 DLC
    Sig p320
    S&w 642
    S&w model 64-1

Sometimes, actually often times it's best just not to know.

Take the NYPD trigger, many talk it down like it's sooooo horrible. Often times without a gauge you wouldn't be able to really tell the difference.

I suspect many who have the NYPD trigger and are happy with it become concerned when they hear how horrible they are supposed to be. Really they aren't that Bad.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

When the stuff hits the fan you won't notice the trigger pull.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I put a 5# spring in my CM40. The couple days I was waiting for the spring, I just kept racking and pulling for hours. When I got the new spring, I popped it in and pulled the trigger. Yup! it's lighter. Now I don't know any different, it's all relative. I hated the trigger on my S&W Bodyguard so I got rid of it. But like Muggsy said, when you're in a pickle and need to shoot someone, you won't notice the trigger pull.

I'll just have to see when it gets here. Y'all are right though, when the sh*t hits the fan, the trigger pull is going to be the last thing on my mind.

Last sat year I bought a 3.5 Ghost connector for my glock 19. I can't really even tell a difference with that.
    Kahr Pm9 DLC
    Sig p320
    S&w 642
    S&w model 64-1