Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, TP 45 trigger reset issues.

Default Hi, TP 45 trigger reset issues.

Hi guys and gals.

Just Bought my first pistol the tp 45.. I went to the range today and fired it right out of the box.

It was perfect for about 30 rounds. Then it started having this issue where
    You put in a new magazine.. chamber one and get it ready to go.. You fire the fisrt round and thats fine.. It ejects the old casing but the trigger doesnt reset.

I would take the mag out clear the round in the chamber and then rack or cock the pistol whatever the term is and it would fire the one round but then same issue trigger wouldnt reset.

After about 75 rounds. I left the last 20 were like that every round it got gradually worse from about the 30th round.. I went home removed the slide and the barrel and cleaned everything and lightly reoiled the whole gun. Going to try and do some more shooting tomorrow and see if i still have this issue..

Is this a common issue? I was expecting it to get better with more rounds fired I understand I am not to the recomended break in point yet.
    Its just kind of upsetting since its brand new.

Any advice for a new owner?

Thanks
    Glenn

DID U CLEAN THE GUN THROUGHLY??? RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. that striker channel could be full of crude, who knows. Give the gun a throgh cleaning per the kahr propper prepping thread and then retest again

what did u clean now that u cleaned it. did u take the slide apart and give that striker channel a good cleaning or did u use that little clean out hole in thebottom of the slide to spray clean that striker channel. if u just wiped the outsde ofthe slide then IMO u did not clean the slide .

u can dry fire that gun and do no harm u can just move the sldie back about a 1/2"to reset the trigger to test out if u did OK with ur cleaning session.

U arefully lettingup o the trigger also are u??? just asking..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

did you follow the clean and lube directions on here first? must do this first before you fire.

Thanks I found that and no i didnt do everything in that thread.

I will tomorrow after work..

I hope that it helps thanks.

Glenn

by doing allof that u have prepped the gun to the best of ur abilities. If it continues to ack u. cme back to this forum with ur finding and lets see what some utters here can add to help you. Last resort, kahr will make it right but hopefully we can eliminate that trip back to.

There is a super sticky on hw to tkae that slide apart. It is a no brainerif u wantto tackle it. u get toknow theinner workings of ur gun reallynice that way and thenu will fully understand how pulling that trigger back actualy engages this and that to make the bang thing happen. Wehave seen crude caked in the striker channel that would even choke Monica Lewinsky...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Well I wiped everything i could get to with solvent.. I cleaned the inside of the barrel out and was suprised at how dirty it was. the I put a light coating of oil over everything I cleaned after I dried the solvent on the gun..

Under the slide I saw an area with a tiny spring on the back and I put 2 drops of oil in there because it looked dry.. I wiped off the excess oil. Reassembled the gun and racked the slide and dry fired it about 10 times..

I did read the tiny Kahr booklet when I bought the gun.. and I just skimmed through it again .. and I didnt notice and sectoin with lube points or and real clear care instructions.

I'm totally new to guns.. this is my first gun.

I'm just trying to learn, you have to start someplace.

wher ethat spring was we normally recommend keeping that area totaly dry as it willrun right donw intothe striker channel and can gum stuff up big time. U still need to clean that striker channel, do u see that litlte hole in the bottom of the slide up by the breech face, insert your srpay cleaner nozzlein that hole and just sray away, fluids will come outthe back of that channel where that little spring it. leave that area dryn no lube

take a few minutes and read the kahr tech section andhit on propper prepping of ur kahr ad then hit on the sticky kahr lube chart..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I Was looking at the lube chart sticky,

And I was looking for that hole is that hole visable on the sticky?

I'm sorry I'm so gun part ignorant..
    I dont even know what you mean by breech face.

The lower arrow of #9 points at the clean out hole. And #9 is saying to lightly oil the flat rail where the points of the 2 arrows are (the entire rail), not in the hole. Notice that #7 and #8 are the only places on the striker assembly that are to be oiled.

Very interesting...