CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace

Thread: CW40 won't chamber

Default CW40 won't chamber

I purchased a CW40 in the Fall of 2012. I have put approximately 300
    rounds through it and have had two issues arise. Apparently everyone has had the bent/broken slide stop spring, a probelm which I have solved. However, no I am unable tochamber a round; regardless of how I attept to do so. I have tried loading a magazine and dropping the slide with the slide stop, but the slide sticks back about 1/4" from being fully chambered. I am using the factory magazine, and there are no obvious obstructions/protruding
    objects. It is not an ammo issue as I am unable to chamber a round in the first place.

Any suggestions on what is going wrong? I have contacted Kahr Service, and they are sending me a new recoil spring, but I can't see how this is going to slove the problem.

Thanks,

try with the slide off the gun to see if u can slide a round up behind the extractor with fairly easy ease. With 300 runds canI assume it wasnot doing that from the git go??? so what has changed????

We are not talking reloads here either are we???
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

No the issue only developed recently. i got 1 full magazine through, went to shoot the next, and it would jam. I am going to try a different ammo after i run to the store tonight, but the previous ammo worked before. I've spoke with Kahr and they are going to send me another recoil spring, we'll see if that helps.

i appreciate the reply.

Without seeing the gun or pictures, it's hard to diagnose. The extractor or it's various parts may not be in place or something broke among those parts. If the recoil spring was installed backwards... the free end might ride over the flange at the rear and cause this. And the recoil rod could have shifted and now the front piece isn't fitting into the hole in the front of the slide to allow proper compression of the recoil assembly.

If you haven't watched the take down video, it might give you some ideas about all of those possibilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G2cZgVg_SwA

Good luck.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

When it hangs, can you push the slide into battery (tap it with your palm) or does it lock solid? Also, what kind of Ammo? Have you tried it with only one round in the magazine?

Default what wyn

Quote Originally Posted by Ceithern View Post
    No the issue only developed recently. i got 1 full magazine through, went to shoot the next, and it would jam. I am going to try a different ammo after i run to the store tonight, but the previous ammo worked before. I've spoke with Kahr and they are going to send me another recoil spring, we'll see if that helps.

i appreciate the reply.
    says, chekit out, can u thijk about anything u did to possably make it act different. The recoil spring is a for sure look see to make sure the open end is towards thef ront of the slide. if all checks out, I would wait unti lthe new recoil spring arrives then proceed. I cant picture different ammo work ing any better. If its new ammo now??
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I really hate to suggest this but here goes anyway.

Can you lock the slide back and chamber a round manually? That is, just drop the round directly into the chamber. If it does go in, is the base of the case in line with the barrel hood?

If it isn't you either have something stuck in the barrel or the chamber needs a very good cleaning.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

I would do that with the barrel removed. have a pencil or dowel to push the round out. Introducing a live round to a problem can create a bigger problem!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I would do that with the barrel removed. have a pencil or dowel to push the round out. Introducing a live round to a problem can create a bigger problem!

Wynn
    Wynn - You are correct on this but since we've had a bunch of people that cannot get the slide off....................didn't want to introduce another problem.

Wonder if the situation still exists. Haven't seen anything from the OP since his last post yesterday afternoon.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.