Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo tracker

I just used gunbot.net last weekend and it was GREAT... I bought 100 rounds of +P self defense rounds for normal price. I saved money and found web stores that had product. All the links were good and all had the ammo in stock..... I bought Hornady Critical Duty +P 135Gr and CCI Speer Gold Dot +P 124Gr......

Also found the hard to find Federal HST 124Gr P9HST1 on gunbot.net. Again fair price (about $0.64/rnd). I did not buy it because I want the P9HST3 +P version, which is almost impossible to find.

I did find some Fed P9HST3 +P 124Gr on another site, however and bought it. I just got all three brands. They look great, all cases have +P on them.

I've been using gunbot a lot. It doesn't cover all of the stores, but it beats checking 20 or more several times a day.

I get email from stores on new stocks as well, and have bought a lot of ammo. You have to buy smart, though, and luck out to get enough on an order to make shipping worthwhile. I've found that the shipping for one brick of .22LR can also pay for 3 bricks and 10 or more boxes of centerfire ammo in the same order... $16-$17 shipping... mainly at Midway USA.

I still haven't tried going to a Walmart because the limit and the cost of gas really runs up the cost for just a few boxes... that could be gone by the time I get there, too.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Wow... Can't believe I've never ran across this site before! Thanks for the link!

Default Ammo tracker

I've used it for the past year and got some pretty good deals. They moved servers a few months ago, so it wasn't really working well (only had a few calibers). During that time I found wikiarms.com (similar website), but I like gunbot better.

If you sign up for gunbot, you can set your preferences like the dollar amount that triggers the price to turn red for each caliber.

Shipping may or may not kill some of the deals, but you learn quickly which sites give free (or reasonable) shipping when looking through the deals.