Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone from WA?

I haven't been to Fall City Firearms since they moved a few years back but they had a great shop there at the intersection coming into town. It was brilliant, right nest to a flower shop so the ladies that didn't want to look at guns could go next door and look at posey's.
    They had a great inventory. Guess I need to trek out to Fall City and find the new shop.
    40 years or more ago I put the fence around the school there in Fall City, great job, soft easy to dig ground, good access. One job I'll never forget.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome to the forum Scarpia, there are few of us here from WA.

Renton, WA, (King County) 25 miles from Seattle

I've purchased a few pieces and traded-in a couple at Fall City Firearms, the owner gives a fair trade-in value and sells his stuff at a fair price plus he's open everyday including Christmas. His shop is also over flowing with gadgets and shooting supplies, he even has a small assortment of powders and primers. For reloading supplies, I usually go to Pinto's in Renton. In fact, I dropped another $104 there yesterday. They are higher priced as compared to the big box stores but I strongly believe in keeping the small shops in business. I recently had to make a scoot (any reason to ride the motorcycle) to Three Forks in Cle Elum for small pistol primers. Every shop on the west side was out.

Anyhow, I'm thrilled with the PM9 and think I'll feel the same with the CW45. My other 'small' carry 45's are the M&P Shield 45, Springfield XD Mod-2 Subcompact, Taurus PT145 Mil Pro. My medium sized carry 45's are the Taurus PT 24/7 Pro (my most accurate), Taurus PT945 and M&P 45 V2 Compact and the Ruger SR45. The bad boy in the locker is the Norinco 1911A1.

BTW, gray haired old fashioned guy here still using forums to gather information that I might need and likewise share info that I think may be helpful to others. You won't find me trying to set records on how many posts I can make.

Lastly, I'm a member of the Renton Fish and Game Club and shoot at their outdoor range(s) only. Never at any indoor range or in wilderness areas. I used to do that with a Ham Radio buddy but he passed (age 46), I never went back.

What's the deal on avatars? I see only a few have them, is their some minimum posts you must make to earn the right to show your mug or whatever?

Forum requires 30 post to attach photos, same for avatars if I recall correctly.

"You won't find me trying to set records on how many posts I can make." Funny I said the same thing a few years back and for awhile was accused of being a bucket mouth. Used to enjoy a good fisticuff with rabble rousers back in the day. Guess they lost and I won, not many rabble rousers these days.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks for the info. I won't be posting an avatar any time soon. I joined another Kahr forum for the same reason I'm here, get info on the CW45. That forum is very thinly used with most postings from the same chap. Some recent postings are a few years old, no kidding.

Surprised it's still around. Momma always told me if I didn't have anything nice to say not to say nothing at all.................
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Hi I live in Renton. I’ve owned a CW9 since 2008. This site has been a pretty good source of info for me bringing this 9mm back to life. It’s been shelved for several years. Got tired of all the random FTF from bullet nose dive. Well with the help from this site and other places I feel confident to carry this tiny 9mm again. Got it running perfect now. Saying thanks I guess.

Welcome to the board. It's fun when we regain an appreciation for an older gun that has been in the back of the safe for awhile isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarpia View Post
    I have just added the CW45 to the collection (gun number 46) but have not yet taken possession thanks to the new wait period. Any suggestions on the CW45 would be appreciated.
    Have possession of the CW45 and she's a challenge. It appears the extractor is not grabbing the case rim so the round hangs up and won't enter the chamber. I've read extensively about this issue and think I might have it solved. It hand cycles OK but I won't know for sure until I get it to the range. If all goes well tomorrow, I'll make it to the RFGC and test it. It sure feels good in-hand and I really want this CW45 to work.

Good news: I finally got to the range yesterday and popped off about 80 rounds from the CW45. She cycled just fine with 185 and 230 grain bullets (Montana Gold and Rainier Flat Point) with Bullseye and Reddot. My shortening of the front extractor rod, rounding the corner of the extractor and buffing all surfaces seems to have been the trick. I'll shoot it more with Reddot then add it to the rotation. I've always had good results with Reddot in 45 loads and like the idea of getting 185 bullets down range at 900+ f/s. Lastly, I used a Kimber 1911 Compact 7 round flush bottom magazine (#1000173A) so the CW45 is an 8 rounder.
    Last edited by Scarpia; 08-21-2020 at 05:05 AM.

The problem was probably that the rim was not sliding over the extractor claw. Your cure was right on from what I have seen on this forum. Reduce extractor spring tension. It was suggested on here that it should only take two pounds of tension to slide the case out of the extractor. Make sure that the breach face is smootth to as that will affect the amount of pull it takes to slide the case out. I used a trigger gauge and very thin string to test mine. There is a full write up on here somewhere.