Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Didja know?! An O U T R A G E !!!!

Default Didja know?! An O U T R A G E !!!!

A new medal for "heroes"... that is HIGHER THAN A BRONZE STAR for VALOR!!

WHAT an OUTRAGE!!

It should rank BELOW an Air Medal, at most!!

What a crock!

Someone sitting on their a$$ in an air-conditioned trailer thousands of miles from the combat zone can get a higher medal than some poor grunt getting his a$$ shot off in real combat!! WTF!!

Wynn:31:
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

This sickens me.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

It IS sickening! This really cheapens all of the awards below it... Bronze Star (especially With Valor), Purple Heart, and Air Medal... to name a few.

What's next... a medal for Armed-Chair Warriors's "wounds"... carpal tunnel, hemorrhoids, and the like??

And... did you notice that the Marines in the inaugaral parade were not only checked for ammo... but had the bolts removed from their ceremonial rifles??

He should have had an "honor guard" of his DHS State Police and henchmen.

Wynn
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Can we get any lower? I saw some things the last few days, and more and more they apply. Some one here talked about two nations, then there was one on TTAG paralleling the rise of the new slave states. Food for thought.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

I am in shock! I understand that it takes a lot of training to pilot drones, but what is so dangerous about it? Nothing! I am in the Aviation Field in the Army and I just don't understand this.

It's all about "feelings" for the last 20 years or more. I remember the "kinder and gentler" PC crowd under Clinton starting developing and issuing pins for every specialty in the Air Force... after I retired in '88... so everyone could have something on their chest... training ribbons for all schools and tours... then the new head of the Army promoted all of the members of the Army to "elite trained killer" status by giving them the right to wear the Rangers' black berets. Wow! Did you see all of the puffed up chests with wannabes strutting around with their jaunty "un-earned" berets!

Now women will be in all combat positions and how many of those can perform to the level of their buddies who will depend on them... to carry all of their own gear into battle... take care of themselves... let alone carry their wounded buddies... or hoist them up through hatches in a flooding ship... when they can't even pull themselves up a rope.

Wah! It's too hard! There are some exceptional women who can do some of that stuff, but not your "average" female. I don't say this to knock women. I was glad to see them get into the cockpit... there ARE "Danica Patricks" who can really fly and fight! It should be based on real ability, not feelings and "equality" of sexes.

Just wait... someone will get new regs passed to mandate a certain percentage of women into the elite combat unit training... as SEALs... with lowered standards, of course!

Wynn

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Some lil video geek gets a medal for that? Give me a break! What valor did they present sitting in a cave stateside?
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Default Re: Didja know?! An O U T R A G E !!!!

Where's my c.o.d medal?

I only have 3 ribbons I'm authorized to display... that's what I earned, and I earned them fair and square. I don't need some puff medal to make me feel better, my service to my country was enough.

I am concerned about these funky 'made up' medals given for 'combat,' it waterdowns the real deal. They may display nice in public, but the real warriors will know what is BS.

c.o.d.?

Wynn

Thomas Jefferson said

and