Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Couldn't post it on the Kahr website. Tp9 thoughts?

Default Couldn't post it on the Kahr website. Tp9 thoughts?

Out of the box the the gun cleaned up well, I left for the range and heated it up. It's a Kahr arms. It shot terrifically. Accurate, smoother with the longer slide, nice trigger, I had no misfeeds. Really enjoyable to shoot. This is my second tp9. Sadly, I had to let my last one go to get through my last quarter of college. I must say that I do not care for the design changes on the new tp's. the grip has been lengthened for capacity, as has the dust cover on the receiver. The gun has an identity crisis now in my opinion. There is terrific four inch barrel in a slim .9 inch wide slide. But the frame is larger in height than some full size. It's too much to be a good packer. Which is where Kahr is not playing to their strength of easy packing. That's not to say its not good on the range. It comes down to preference and what you need it to do. At least when it was shorter, you could make the length with mags. I wish Kahr could give us the option to get what we want. I might take a hack saw to the grips of this one and use my old mags. But I hate to do that to a good gun.

Dear STARS NO, whimpers in agony

Why do I feel like I was hearing Charlie Brown's teacher talk?
    No sir, I do not own any guns. I sold them all in fear that they might grow legs and murder me and my family since they've been portrayed as such evil objects by our current administration

Pipercub: "I wish Kahr could give us the option to get what we want."

Kahr does offer a lot of options... many different models. Dang! You chose one of the largest! AGAIN!

There's the K9, CW9, P9, PM9, CM9... besides the MK9! There are also some factory "Covert models" and some guys HAVE chopped the grip to make their own "Covert" pistols.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Default Couldn't post it on the Kahr website. Tp9 thoughts?

But no K45
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

If you want a TP with a short handle you have options!

1. Find an old one and buy it
    2. Buy a P9 and fit the TP slide and barrel to it - it will fit.
    3. Buy a TP9 and a P9, swap top ends and have a long handle very snubby too.
    4. Do the manly thing, and get out your Fein MultiMaster (or SuperCut) and trim the handle of your TP9 (which I may do to a TP45 one day)

Welcome to the forum.

Couldn't post it on the Kahr website
    If this isn't the Kahr website, what is??

Is there another one I missed?

Tp9 thoughts?
    You described a great shooting, competent, well made gun... and then complained about it. I don't get it. Color me confused.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I have a tp40 with the longer grip. I like it and wanted that grip design over the shorter model. I can iwb it but not in my normal 2:10 position. barrel hits my leg when sitting. I had to move back to 3:30 and add some forword cant. I do have a cw9 thats my normal iwb pistol but do enjoy the easier functioning TP model even with the 40sw cartidge.

You could cut the grip down as others have. Also change the bottom of the mags from the plastic bottom with the thin metal plate. That will make a small difference in the length.

I would actually like the reverse. I'd LOVE to have a TP9 8 round grip with a P9 3.5" barrel. Sort of a 'Commander Kahr'. I'd imagine I'm the bigger outlier as many folks really DO like that earlier TP9 design. But I have found the more I carry it and shoot it that I prefer my TP9 to my P9. The P9 almost never leaves the safe anymore these days.

I'm sure given some other recent discussions in another thread, that there are those here (Mckenzie) that'd take that TP9 off your hands in a heartbeat and also some of us that'd love to have a second TP9 and would consider trading for our P9 ;-)

IF I wanted to carry the 9mm, I do have lightweight choices... my PM9 or my P9. They both now sport the metal base plates making the P9 easier to hide:

I usually carry my Mag-na-ported P40.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".