Out of the box the the gun cleaned up well, I left for the range and heated it up. It's a Kahr arms. It shot terrifically. Accurate, smoother with the longer slide, nice trigger, I had no misfeeds. Really enjoyable to shoot. This is my second tp9. Sadly, I had to let my last one go to get through my last quarter of college. I must say that I do not care for the design changes on the new tp's. the grip has been lengthened for capacity, as has the dust cover on the receiver. The gun has an identity crisis now in my opinion. There is terrific four inch barrel in a slim .9 inch wide slide. But the frame is larger in height than some full size. It's too much to be a good packer. Which is where Kahr is not playing to their strength of easy packing. That's not to say its not good on the range. It comes down to preference and what you need it to do. At least when it was shorter, you could make the length with mags. I wish Kahr could give us the option to get what we want. I might take a hack saw to the grips of this one and use my old mags. But I hate to do that to a good gun.