Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't post it on the Kahr website. Tp9 thoughts?

Thanks for the tip. I never looked at those before. If a paddle holster works that might be better.

Pardon me for the name calling. I was thinking that you were trying to be a troll.

I had always thought that a TP series upper and a P series lower would make more sense... the longer barrel and the slightly shorter grip could be just right, but the PM series grip is a bit short for all of that slide and barrel... to me anyhow. I think the K/P/CW size is just right... balanced and natural pointing... Which is why I have so many of that size... K9, P9, and P40. I prefer the really flush metal bases plates, though, especially the blackened ones now offered by Kahr. I wish they had those for the PM45.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

We're not a cult. Glocktalk is a cult.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

When I was looking for Glocks... went over there and finally "joined"... had to grit my teeth... I've read their "rules" and they don't let you even THINK bad words... it seems... plus, they really limit your actions when new AND there are tons of ads! I could NOT access firearms for sale by members... went elsewhere and have two new glocks! It's their loss... UNFRIENDLY... we are FRIENDLY and helpful! Well, I usually am. I do get ticked sometimes. XDTalk isn't bad... LARGER, but not friendlier than KahrTalk!

Wynn
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    Out of the box the the gun cleaned up well, I left for the range and heated it up. It's a Kahr arms. It shot terrifically. Accurate, smoother with the longer slide, nice trigger, I had no misfeeds. Really enjoyable to shoot. This is my second tp9. Sadly, I had to let my last one go to get through my last quarter of college. I must say that I do not care for the design changes on the new tp's. the grip has been lengthened for capacity, as has the dust cover on the receiver. The gun has an identity crisis now in my opinion. There is terrific four inch barrel in a slim .9 inch wide slide. But the frame is larger in height than some full size. It's too much to be a good packer. Which is where Kahr is not playing to their strength of easy packing. That's not to say its not good on the range. It comes down to preference and what you need it to do. At least when it was shorter, you could make the length with mags. I wish Kahr could give us the option to get what we want. I might take a hack saw to the grips of this one and use my old mags. But I hate to do that to a good gun.
    I agree with you, it was "STUPID" of Kahr to mess with a great design that wasn't broken and near PERFECT for conceal carry!

I got a K9 when they first came out and loved it seeing it was the same size and weight as my Walther PPK/s but was able to fire the more potent 9mm Luger verses the 9mm Kurz and even stated in the manual to use the Plus P rounds. The biggest complaint that I had with the gun was that the machining was so sharp that I literlly cut my fingers on the edges of the trigger guard and lower edge of the slide. Of course that was taken care of by having a gunsmith dehorn all the edges.

Anyway, even with the weight (23.1oz unloaded) and the pistol sitting lower in my hand the muzzle flip was worst then the S&W 3913 that I owned. One day I was in my local gun shop and notice a new Kahr that I had never seen before, the TP9. I wasn't a big fan of the "Tactical Tupperware" craze that was sweeping the gun world at the time but I had to admit that the little pistol grab my attention.

The saleman behind the counter handed me the TP and after fondling it for several minutes I decided that I could part with my much beloved K9 and never look back. Since that day I have never had a regret on that decision. The TP9 is so much superior to my old K9 it isn't funny. Longer sight picture, less muzzle flip, lighter, lower maintainance (the original K9s were steel not SS and would start to rust just by looking at them), etc...

The biggest plus is that the grip size was the same size as my K9 making it easily concealable even though it had a longer slide/barrel (anyone that has conceal carry for awhile knows that it's not the barrel length that is the problem but the grip size!). But of course Kahr screw that up by lengthing the grip to mimic the Stainless T9 size, IDIOTS!

Clance, that's a nice looking pistol. The grips are just right, but I personally don't like the plastic base plates on the magazines. They add just a tad too much for concealment for me. I got the steel base plate kits... and then the black kits to trim a bit of length, and then added an O-ring (3/32" by 3/4" inner diameter to stop the pinching on my P40. I did the same to my P9 and added the 4" ported barrel, thinking of a carry gun for my wife.

Wynn

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Clance, that's a nice looking pistol. The grips are just right, but I personally don't like the plastic base plates on the magazines. They add just a tad too much for concealment for me. I got the steel base plate kits... and then the black kits to trim a bit of length, and then added an O-ring (3/32" by 3/4" inner diameter to stop the pinching on my P40. I did the same to my P9 and added the 4" ported barrel, thinking of a carry gun for my wife.

Wynn
    Nice looking pair of Kahrs' you got there Wynn.

I haven't found any problem concealing with the add length of the plastic base plates, but I don't know how you carry. I generally just tuck the pistol in the waist band of my pants covering it with a sweat shirt or just leave the shirt untuck.

Several years ago I work for a security company where we provided personal protection for individuals (aka. bodyguards). The company would send a number of us to different schools for training on everything from defensive driving, etiquette, training on being a personal protection agent, etc... which we would then bring back to the others taking what we thought was realistic and practical then work out our own training program.

One of the schools I went to was put on by the detail leader; Ron Fleming, of the then major of Detroit; Coleman Young protection team. It was a combination of all the different aspects of the knowledge that a personal protection agent needed to know, but one class lesson suck in my mind.

It was the first day of a 2-1/2 day class on weapons. The instructor was the Range Master; Michael Blout which he inform us what he thought of pistols with porting. As we stood around him at the firingline, he inform us that most encounters would be up close and personal, the chances were that we could be injuried by our own weapon's muzzle blast. That is when he took a raw chicken drumstick holding the thing a inch or two over another student's ported Glock and removed most of the meat off the bone.

Haven't had a ported handgun since.

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    When I was looking for Glocks... went over there and finally "joined"... had to grit my teeth... I've read their "rules" and they don't let you even THINK bad words... it seems... plus, they really limit your actions when new AND there are tons of ads! I could NOT access firearms for sale by members... went elsewhere and have two new glocks! It's their loss... UNFRIENDLY... we are FRIENDLY and helpful! Well, I usually am. I do get ticked sometimes. XDTalk isn't bad... LARGER, but not friendlier than KahrTalk!

Wynn
    You make it sound like I was lucky to be banned from GT several years ago.

Oh I did u one better, I was never banned, they just would never let me o their forum. Great bunch of elitest there that is for sure.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY