Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Grip Plugs

Default Glock Grip Plugs

I just got in a partial order for my new Glocks from Botach Tactical. I ordered two grip plugs and plugged them in! I first wondered what the heck with the ramp thingy to the front, but found that it aids in magazine insertion.

Now both Glocks have the extended magazine release, but still waiting on the extended slide release for the G19. The four Korean CTI-GL17 mags didn't arrive, either, but I'm not short on magazines.

The plugs were $3.95 each and shipping was free.

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thanks for posting this information, Wyn. I considered buying these plugs, but never pulled the trigger. You've rekindled my interest. Same for the extended mag release. I'd love to see a close-up photo of that, if you have the time.

That looks good Wyn, Wish somebody would come out with something like that for our Kahr's....That hole in the grip just bothers me for some reason, almost like something is missing...

Default Glock Grip Plugs

I had the Pearce ones but took them off and threw em' away. I figured ole' Gaston Glock knows a whole lot more about guns than I do and if they were of any benefit he would have built them in. Besides I'm not aware of any military or PD that uses them.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
    I had the Pearce ones but took them off and threw em' away. I figured ole' Gaston Glock knows a whole lot more about guns than I do and if they were of any benefit he would have built them in. Besides I'm not aware of any military or PD that uses them.

I can understand that, Jules. I, too, prefer to leave well enough alone. But I see an advantage to reloads, with this plug in place. And I can't think of any detriment caused by the plug.

If you have identified any disadvantages in the use of the plug, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,

Default Glock Grip Plugs

Quote Originally Posted by RRP View Post
    I can understand that, Jules. I, too, prefer to leave well enough alone. But I see an advantage to reloads, with this plug in place. And I can't think of any detriment caused by the plug.

If you have identified any disadvantages in the use of the plug, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks,
    I had heard it was designed that way to allow for any loose debris from the guns internals to work their way out. Seems plausible to me.

We had plugs in all our Glock 21's prior to sending them all to Robar for grip texture and many for grip reduction. The theory of the plug assisting in reloads is sound but I put painters tape on a dozen guns on range days when they were training or practicing etc and usually the tape was pristine and unmarked upon their return so while it certainly don't hurt, I don't think they are a huge help either.

I too felt it was a good drain for crude that might get in there from above but never experienced any in all the guns I looked over.

A little Acra Glas with the black dye mixed in is a good way to plug the little void on our Kahrs which are off course a much much smaller void than Glocks.

I closed mine up a little bit with the wood burner when I textured my PM45. Still a tiny hole but hardly noticeable.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've always heard the hole is there to attach the pistol to a lanyard, as they like to do over in the Europe. Over here, they do much.

Now, I have heard the argument against the plug, saying if a mag ever got stuck (???? I don't see how ???) you don't have that area to get a thumb against the mag to help pull it out. I used a plug in my 21, but mine was flush fit (didn't stick out).

I always have installed them....for nothing else they look better. Gun kinda looks unfinished with out plug and the plugs don't break the bank.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

JustinN you are correct about the lanyard issue. The thought they are acting as a drainhole is bunk.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up