Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sight question

Default sight question

have a cw 45 and enjoy shooting it, only problem, if it even is one, My POI is about 1.5 inches to the left of my POA good groups and the vertical is great. I have four other pistols that I own and pretty much shoot them in the POI in the POA more consistently. this is at about 20 to 25 ft. The CW is a SD EDC gun only so is this something I even need to worry about? I cannot see being able to justify a shoot at much further then that as being self defense in most cases. I am wondering if I should even mess with the rear site to bring POI in closer to center. Thoughts from you experienced CW 45 guys and gals would be appreciated.

Is this a newer CW45 in the sense that it is a first one with such a long trigger pull? The long trigger takes some getting used to..
    http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9396/nralh.jpg
    Apparently, that notch in the rail is supposed to be there...
    We need idiot control...NOT gun control.

Yes it is.
    It feels like it is measured in feet, if I can't get used to it that may be the one thing that sours me on this gun for EDC I like the rest of the platform a lot is there a fix for that ?

Normal issue until you acclimated to the long trigger pull
    Tony,

Check My Photography Website
    PhotographicEndeavors.com

Army National Guard Veteran 1972-78
    NRA Life Member
    Kahr PM9
    Kahr K40
    Kahr CW380
    "Defend freedom because it is not free"

Default I would say what

Quote Originally Posted by Ram48 View Post
    have a cw 45 and enjoy shooting it, only problem, if it even is one, My POI is about 1.5 inches to the left of my POA good groups and the vertical is great. I have four other pistols that I own and pretty much shoot them in the POI in the POA more consistently. this is at about 20 to 25 ft. The CW is a SD EDC gun only so is this something I even need to worry about? I cannot see being able to justify a shoot at much further then that as being self defense in most cases. I am wondering if I should even mess with the rear site to bring POI in closer to center. Thoughts from you experienced CW 45 guys and gals would be appreciated.
    most here are saying to. More rounds is needed to get ued to kahrs loooong trigger system. That beng said if u are consistent left, then ust move the rear sight a tad and u shouldbe good to go. Using POA imo AND UR GROUPS ARE SUCH, imo THEN THEY ARE EXCELLENT, for more than likelyt ur not really focusing on that rear sight anyways No doubt moving that rear sight will move ur groups to, but in a SHTF situation ur not gonna see that rear sight. I can tell you I moved my rear sight on my PMJ9 somany times that I just had to look at it andit new it had tomove automatically. I finally realized it was not he gun and it was me,s I accept my groups. I feel very confident at 10 yards with it, no 2" groups mindya but again, I don't realy care either.

IMO I think ur doing great but YMMV.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Without seeing your stance, grip and sight picture it would be hard to tell. If you are right handed, your left foot should be slightly forward like a boxer. Your grip should look like my pic, and focus on the front sight. Start by shooting one hole groups at 5 feet, then move out to 25 feet. Lastly see what it looks light at 40 yards. This also assumes you are not left eye dominant.

Are you shooting the same POI with all your ammo and bullet weights ? What weight bullet are you shooting ? Full power, power plus or reduced loads ? All of the above will effect your accuracy.

Good point.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

You'll get used to the trigger and the groups will move to the right. Hey, right now 1.5" to the left is less than 1 minute of bad guy. What'cha worried about?
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Are you shooting the same POI with all your ammo and bullet weights ? What weight bullet are you shooting ? Full power, power plus or reduced loads ? All of the above will effect your accuracy.
    I shot Federal 230 gr RN and it was a bit better. The SD ammo was 1.5 off and it is federal premium LE HST 230 gr +P JHP. I shot the best groups with my own mid range reloads 230gr plated RN.