CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I am leaving. Goodbye.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

am I too late to say bye bye?

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    " Now even the administrators of this forum are openly participating in the hatred, doom, and gloom. And I simply cannot abide it any longer."

It's ok to name me by name, I'm just a moderator, certainly not admin and I'm sure I give JohnH and JustinN ulcers from time to time with my say what I think and lack of Political Correctness attitude, poor as it is too.

I mean no harm and I speak the truth as I see it. We've spent far too many years focusing on PC not offending anyone, let them offend us but don't offend them. It's a big part of why things are the way they are.

I make no apologies for myself or my actions, I have from time to time apologized to the boss so he wouldn't run me off but I've never received any punishment or warnings either, probably thought about it a few thousand times but never sent.
    If I've been a detriment or a downfall to kahrtalk or more importantly Kahr in general then I deserve to be horsewhipped and hung. I accept that if such is the case.

Sorry you can't abide by it.
    Don't beat yourself up, you have a difficult job to do in wiping the butts
    of the babies and drying the eyes of the whinny babies so do the best
    you can and don't take it personal... someone has to keep the ship
    on the right course and keep it off the rocks.....
    I am new here but not new to forums in general so I know
    it is difficult to keep the forum a place that people can come to
    without feeling like they just joined someones carnival of lost souls....lol

Rules are good and so are moderators.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    " Now even the administrators of this forum are openly participating in the hatred, doom, and gloom. And I simply cannot abide it any longer."

It's ok to name me by name, I'm just a moderator, certainly not admin and I'm sure I give JohnH and JustinN ulcers from time to time with my say what I think and lack of Political Correctness attitude, poor as it is too.

I mean no harm and I speak the truth as I see it. We've spent far too many years focusing on PC not offending anyone, let them offend us but don't offend them. It's a big part of why things are the way they are.

I make no apologies for myself or my actions, I have from time to time apologized to the boss so he wouldn't run me off but I've never received any punishment or warnings either, probably thought about it a few thousand times but never sent.
    If I've been a detriment or a downfall to kahrtalk or more importantly Kahr in general then I deserve to be horsewhipped and hung. I accept that if such is the case.

Sorry you can't abide by it.
    Bawanna, I don't think you need to apologize for anything. You are definitely a peacemaker among war mongers and I include myself in the latter. You have more patience than I could ever hope to have.

That said, I sometimes wonder how some people let others get to them in such a negative way. I belong to quite a few forums and find that opinion takes many forms, some for and some against my own beliefs, but that's always true when you deal with a large cross section of people. If I leave KahrTalk it will be because I was kicked out or I lost interest in firearms. The first is far more likely. However, it certainly won't be because I disagreed with someone or someone disagreed with me or that I got my feelings hurt.

I appreciate those who can express themselves in a thoughtful, coherent manner, even if I don't always agree with them. Scoundrel did that. He provided balance. I will miss that.

I feel your pain Scoundrel. I recently, for multiple reasons, pulled the plug on all social activity on the internet other than KahrTalk and P250SIG.com. I was finding the same thing in other non-gun social venues that just constantly kept me spun up. There are definintely folks here that I disagree with, some still here, some not. But in the end, it's still a bunch of gun folks and I feel SURE that even w/ our disagreements on political or social issues, I'd still be friends with some of those people in person and totally enjoy a day at the range. Some of my closest friends are moderate liberals and nut-job Libertarians (which I am also some days). We all still get along, for the most part.

I try to ignor as much of the foil hat stuff as possible, but yes, it seeps in and makes you nuts. Your wife is totally right about the overall 'vibe' from a place gradually affecting you and not being able to truly filter part of it out while taking in only the good. It's all in there and it all gets in your head.

Lately, I've deliberately just typed responses to stuff and then deleted it...only occasionally letting go and posting. It lets me vent and then reconsider, before pushing the envelope further. But I'm trying harder to just pass it by and forget it. It's pretty easy to do after awhile. I know I'm right, so why bother arguing. I'm always right :-)

But ripley has it right and that's really where I've been trying to focus lately. The internet and 'social' is not real, its not real relationships regardless of what people want to rationalize and say about it. I've been doing more family, more friends, more LOCAL and STATE politics where you CAN make a difference. And I will be making every effort to stay in those places as my piority and only visting internet social hangouts as a form of entertainment.

Scoundrel, PM sent. I liked your style.

When somebody says they're leaving ... do they leave right then and there ... or do they leave after they've read everybody's response? I'm just asking so I'll know whether to comment or not.

I think it's like the hotel California, no one ever leaves but Scoundrel has more will power then most except for Dairy Queen Blizzards.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Ray, Scoundrel said he was leaving and asked that we PM him if we wanted to correspond as he wouldn't be reading the posts. I don't think that he was as upset about the politics as he was about how the politics degenerated into racial slurs. I have to agree with him on that count. I judge a man by the content of his character rather than by the color of his skin. Skin color is an accident of birth. Character comes from what you are taught. Obama is short on character, but not because of his race.
    Just so you know muggsy, you are not the only one out there.

True story (groan)
    Youngest daughter told me one time that I was prejudiced. I replied "I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone equally"
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Having a gift of profiling abilities I'm also frequently labeled as racist. Not true. I too hate everyone equally until proven otherwise.

The thing that really chaffs my backside is the reverse racism. The pres is really good at that. And anyone that complains or mentions it is labeled a racist.

If anyone can convert me to become a racist he's certainly the guy to do it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."