Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I really don't get the .22 LR situation....

Question I really don't get the .22 LR situation....

Ok, so my sister bought an SR22 a few weeks back and rather than sell her some of my .22LR I have been desperately trying to find some at a decent price.

After a few weeks of watching the web I have yet to be able to find any at all as it seems no matter how fast I jump on it the sight either crashes or it is sold out after having only been listed for a minute or two.

Now here is where I get perplexed..... I am literally watching people pay upwards of .35 cents per round on some of these sites and thinking that is exactly what 9mm and .45 is selling for!! What are these idiots thinking? I mean I like shooting a .22 with the best of them however if I am going to pay that much for .22 ammo and I can pay the same amount for 9mm or .45 caliber I am darn sure gonna shoot a bigger caliber for the same price or pennies more! WTH is wrong with people? Then there are guys like my coworker who are sitting on 20,000 rounds of .22LR and still buying it as fast as he can find it and he never shoots any of it! I just don't get it.

stupid is as stupid does: Forrest gump.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default Re: I really don't get the .22 LR situation....

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    stupid is as stupid does: Forrest gump.
    That sums it up pretty well!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Kahr CM9 = Flawless

Paying 35 cents for a 4 to 5 cent round is way past stupid.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

I've seen a box of 50 go for $14.99 locally... in fact, many boxes of 50 std vel 22LR's going for that price.

Bricks of 500, when you can find them, are $129.99

Sad.

u know I lived in a town of less than 5K and sold gus and ammo for over 40 years,along with my tire business. There was times back yonder when people went nutso buying guns and ammo, but Inever raisedmy rpices one dime EVER. I grewup in this town and I knew everyne and Ijust couldnot fokk um for a few estra bucks. I was I tink rewardedkindly by my custmers to, forI had big hguh palte glass store windows, and I always felt thathadI screwed my customers back then and then the market settled down and they realized what I had done, that no windown inmy building would have been safe. I guess the bigiger cities could care less aboutmorals. My buddy went to the louisville gun show this past weekend and he said there was alot of ammo for sale. very few buyers that he could see, as the prices were just insane. Just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Paying 35 cents for a 4 to 5 cent round is way past stupid.
    I completely agree! I refuse to pay more than .06 cents a round!

Kahr CM9 = Flawless

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    I've seen a box of 50 go for $14.99 locally... in fact, many boxes of 50 std vel 22LR's going for that price.

Bricks of 500, when you can find them, are $129.99

Sad.
    I was a gun show the other weekend and a guy was selling Federal bulk for $150 a box an he sold out before he made it through the door to the show! It kind of floored me that anyone would pay that price.

Kahr CM9 = Flawless

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    u know I lived in a town of less than 5K and sold gus and ammo for over 40 years,along with my tire business. There was times back yonder when people went nutso buying guns and ammo, but Inever raisedmy rpices one dime EVER. I grewup in this town and I knew everyne and Ijust couldnot fokk um for a few estra bucks. I was I tink rewardedkindly by my custmers to, forI had big hguh palte glass store windows, and I always felt thathadI screwed my customers back then and then the market settled down and they realized what I had done, that no windown inmy building would have been safe. I guess the bigiger cities could care less aboutmorals. My buddy went to the louisville gun show this past weekend and he said there was alot of ammo for sale. very few buyers that he could see, as the prices were just insane. Just sayin.
    I respect you for the decision to not gouge people! I ripped a friend of mine a new one the other day when I found out he ordered 50 AR15 30 round Pmags right when all this stuff happened just so he could flip them for $50 a piece! When we as a community are trying to screw each other we are doomed!

One of the main reasons I keep dealing wight the local gun store lies with the fact they still aren't price gouging the customers. I just bought 50 rounds of Blazer. 40 ammunition for 15 bucks yesterday.

Kahr CM9 = Flawless

I'm down to my last 200 rounds. I don't know whether to shoot it or have it gold plated. At this rate I may have to invest in lead futures.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380