Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I really don't get the .22 LR situation....

Default not

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranta View Post
    I heard from a coworker of mine who had asked at a LGS that the reason .22lr ammo is so hard to find is all the companies have shut down their assembly lines on the .22lr and are trying to catch up on .223, .308 and other centerfire calibers. According to him, they don't expect to start production for another 2-3 months. Don't know if it's all true or not, but would definitely explain why it's so hard to get .22lr of any brand, even though it's not a caliber that would be on the potential ban list.
    sure I would buy into that. I would thik we are taling about two different assembly lines to. But I am speculating

Our local wal mart has nadda of anything. My wife works at wal mart and has for 27 years and according ther employees cannot rat hole ammo back or for that matter anythingin the store./ If caught ur gone. In order for my wife even to buy me any ammo when it comes in ad she sees it is avaialabe she has to sign out first before she can buy it. Which is sumpin management frowns on big time.

Right across the street is a small gun store and he jacks his ammo sky high and is at wal mar every day when they open to buy what ever they have in the 3 box limit and then uts it on his shelf at sky high prices. Fokk him
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    Basic business rules of supply and demand.
    Yep I understand that, and my rule is for people who try to treat people like fools is FV(k them. My local Harley dealer tried something similiar one time. Now the only time I go there is to drink there free coffee and pee in there toilet and pretend to be listening to there latest and greatest sales pitch. You'd have thought they would have caught on by now, but as usual they have there all about them heads so far up there buttox they don't see that I'm screwing around with them. Sometimes I have my buddies practically rolling on the floor from all the BS I'm feeding them. So instead of spending hundreds of ,and prehaps thousands of dollars a year in there dealership I spend nothing and have a great time doing it.
    I have a mechanic who used to work for the dealership and got tired of there BS, and opened his own place to work on my bike. He treats me like the loyal customer I am. It's just a basic rule of good business. Treat others with the respect that they deserve and the same amount of respect you'd want if the shoe was on the other foot.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

Quote Originally Posted by les strat View Post
    I have a good supply, and the stores that are now gouging will never see a penny of my money. Supply and demand goes both ways. They won't have a supply of my money and several others when things return to normal. Another good thing about capitalism. Karma is a b!tch.
    +1 on that. I believe 100% in capitalism and that it operates both ways. No better comment on this than yours Les.

Gander and Sportsman's Liquidators here have both NOT been gouging. There prices were not GREAT before, but they have held them to the point that now they are spectacular. But we've been able to pick up 500 rounds of CCI std velocity recently (between the 2 places) and will be buying more as it shows up and I can get there before its gone. But you gotta be there when the doors open and that's not always possible.

I think the Gander price was 8.99 for 100rds and Sportsman's was 4.99 for 50rds. Again, high, but still <$50 for 500 rounds and not price gouging by any means. I can live with that until it gets back to normal.

gander here in terrehaute is ripping off buyers for center fire ammo big time, and now some of it is finally starting to sit there to.. Its winter tie here and no one is shootin period and one think by now the hoarders would be well stocke dup even. Desn't bother me in the slightest to walk in gander soop around here there bull sh!t and then come back home..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    Right across the street is a small gun store and he jacks his ammo sky high and is at wal mar every day when they open to buy what ever they have in the 3 box limit and then uts it on his shelf at sky high prices. Fokk him
    And that my friend is why there is only three box limits on most ammo from Walmart. Many of Walmarts customers wil buy something else while there in there weather it be targets, milk, lightbulbs, or whatever. These bozo's only buy what they can get there greedy hands on to scalp the rest of us. Your right Fokk 'm
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

capitlism works for me. I have the capital and u ain't gonna get it.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    When I bought my Henry 22 the other day I purchased three 100 count plastic containers of CCI standards for $5.99 each and I thought that was a little steep.
    The CCI's always seem to give great results as far as accuracy, so I do not mind paying a little extra. If someone tried to rip me for 22 ammo the way you guys are talking they'd never get another penny of my money.
    If you got CCI for that price recently you stole it. That was about the walmart price around here before the rush. Now you can't find it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I found 12 bricks of .22 lr in the back of one of my safes last week. Had forgotten all about it.

Told two of my sons of the discovery, and now I only have two bricks left. lol
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

The current state of affairs - with panic buying and shortages of everything - might be the most effective form of gun control ever devised.
    "Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, speak once."

Stuff like that is good for trading for useless-without-ammo-guns!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".