Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I really don't get the .22 LR situation....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I really don't get the .22 LR situation....

I don't know who's less reliable, the internet or gun store employees.

Even if I could find .22 ammo, I wouldn't buy it at these stupid prices.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

CCI is still pumping rounds out but they are bought instantly when they hit the market. Now for the others who knows.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Default Re: I really don't get the .22 LR situation....

Winchester is still putting out some 22's. I picked up 1,000 rounds at Walmart last week, $48.95. They got (2) of the 1,000 round packs in. I got lucky and got one. It was there black plated 40gr ammo.

Walmart and Bass Pro get 22LR at least weekly here in Vegas. But between the employees "saving" ammo for themselves and others and the professional buyers (guys who know the delivery times of several stores and wait for hours to buy what is put out immediately) the public is seeing very little of that new ammo, 22LR seem to be hardest hit. Four years ago it was 9mm and 45ACP that was impossible to find for 6 months.

As the federal assault weapons ban goes down in flames, the ammo will start to reappear on shelves. I would guess by summer.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative

Default I really don't get the .22 LR situation....

FWIW, some blogger guy said at a gun show, it was military guys and their families buying up the massive bulk orders (1000+ rounds), because they understand the importance of quantity in a firefight.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I have a good supply, and the stores that are now gouging will never see a penny of my money. Supply and demand goes both ways. They won't have a supply of my money and several others when things return to normal. Another good thing about capitalism. Karma is a b!tch.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
    “To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

Quote Originally Posted by les strat View Post
    I have a good supply, and the stores that are now gouging will never see a penny of my money. Supply and demand goes both ways. They won't have a supply of my money and several others when things return to normal. Another good thing about capitalism. Karma is a b!tch.
    +1 on that. I believe 100% in capitalism and that it operates both ways. No better comment on this than yours Les.

Gander and Sportsman's Liquidators here have both NOT been gouging. There prices were not GREAT before, but they have held them to the point that now they are spectacular. But we've been able to pick up 500 rounds of CCI std velocity recently (between the 2 places) and will be buying more as it shows up and I can get there before its gone. But you gotta be there when the doors open and that's not always possible.

I think the Gander price was 8.99 for 100rds and Sportsman's was 4.99 for 50rds. Again, high, but still <$50 for 500 rounds and not price gouging by any means. I can live with that until it gets back to normal.

gander here in terrehaute is ripping off buyers for center fire ammo big time, and now some of it is finally starting to sit there to.. Its winter tie here and no one is shootin period and one think by now the hoarders would be well stocke dup even. Desn't bother me in the slightest to walk in gander soop around here there bull sh!t and then come back home..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

capitlism works for me. I have the capital and u ain't gonna get it.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I found 12 bricks of .22 lr in the back of one of my safes last week. Had forgotten all about it.

Told two of my sons of the discovery, and now I only have two bricks left. lol
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling