Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inaugural post...my favorite Mitch Rosen

Quote Originally Posted by garyb View Post
    Duh!!! I'm just a goof ball...ha ha. I just noticed that Mitch Rosen is a "sponsoring member" and am assuming that G&G is not and therefore are not listed. Stupid ME!!! (But G&G does have nice products, if that helps to make up for my ignorance...haha.)
    I think you nailed it there Gary, its up to them weather to be here or not. On this I'm just guessing of course, I'm not in the know on how all this stuff works. I have to believe if they wanted to be here, they would be welcomed with open arms.
    I can attest that G&G does make good stuff, I use some and the fellas at the dept have lots of G&G stuff as well.
    To be fair I have some Mitch Rosen rigs also and they are top notch, good stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

To answer the question about that Mitch's Full Detail ("high end") rigs are like....here you go. I have a few. I think that Mitch's work is the best in the business, bar none. (I have owned rigs by Milt Sparks, Kramer, Del Fatti, etc...none are built as well as Mitch;s stuff.) They are designed and built to be heirloom quality (As in...I can hand these to my kids after I have beat on them for 20 years...), and are built to withstand HARD use...while still being incredibly comfortable.

This is a 5JR Pres and 5DM mag carrier for my old duty gun, a Sig P229R in .357SIG. I wore this for over 6 years. It got beat on, but still looks new. The extra work that goes into the full detail rigs is all done by hand, one at a time. The leather is worked, with hand tools, to fit the exact gun, so that the weapon "clicks" in like it is made of kydex. That is why it looks like you can see an outline of the gun. Even after 6 years of hard use, the craftsmanship is so good that I can hold the holster upside down, with a full loaded gun in it, and it still holds it in place. (Last pic.).

One of the reasons that his rigs are so comfortable is because the actually curve around your shape.

Here is the last shot of this rig.....held upside down, with a fully loaded duty gun in it. Remember...Six years old, and has seen HARD use.

Last edited by Knuckler; 02-22-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Stupid italics....

Here are a few more....

Ankle holster for a J Frame. Worn, daily, for 5 years. I have, literally, kicked the living s**t out of this. Fishing, foot pursuits, driving, etc. Still looks great, and hold the weapon perfectly. And, unlike other "competing" rigs, doesn't stick out 4 inches from my boot.

His full detail pocket holster....The suede side faces outward to break up the outline of the gun.

A 5DM for my 1911. The mags sit in a "V" shape, instead of side by side, so that the carrier wraps aound the body, and so that the mags are easier to get to.

And...lastly.....one of his full detail shoulder rigs. Picked this up last night. I was BLOWN away by the quality, and how comfortable it is. Years ago, I owned a Galco Miami Classic. Hardware was all cheap plastic, the leather was thin and cheap, and I got rid of it because it wasn't that comfortable. Mitch's rig is really nice leather, ALL of the hardware is solid Brass, and it is so well designed that the gun doesn't need tie downs to keep the pistol from flopping around. Incredibly comfortable.

I have several other holsters on the way for my new 1911...I will post them here as they arrive......I HATE that wait. Hate it.

Very nice stuff, I just love leather. Excellent post, nice leg, nice marble. Now you make me want a Mitch Rosen ankle rig and a shoulder rig for my Cbob. I have the Galco SSII and it parylises me in the neck after a couple hours. Proabably just me and maybe any shoulder rig would do the same. But yours still makes me want one to try anyhow.

I'm cursed with wants.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I had a Galco Miami Classic, and it did the same thing....it killed my neck/shoulders after an hour or so. This one does not seem to....I have been wearing it all day, to see if I had an issue (I had a really bad car wreck, and it did alot of damage to my neck...), and I haven't had a problem.

Give me another week, and I will update as to the long term comfort of the rig.

As far as the quality of Mitch's work....I just sold 2 Milt Sparks VM2s, and a Kramer rig so that I could buy more stuff from Mitch......It's just that good.

For my current concealed carry arms... IWB is Mitch Rosen exclusively for all my Kahrs and Galco NSA for 1911s. OWB belt carry is Del Fatti for Kahrs, no longer produced Dillon for 1911's, and a Lewis Police Special for my early Model 60, 2" J-frame.

Anyone been around long enough to remember that last?

OK....here is my update on the comfort of the Mitch Rosen shoulder rig...

This thing is awesome! None of the discomfort associated with the Galco I used to carry in. I can carry all day long, my neck and shoulders are fine. I am really digging this thing.

I really like the MR holsters, I'd like to hear a review of the workman or workman xt holsters if anyone has ever used one.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckler View Post
    OK....here is my update on the comfort of the Mitch Rosen shoulder rig...

This thing is awesome! None of the discomfort associated with the Galco I used to carry in. I can carry all day long, my neck and shoulders are fine. I am really digging this thing.
    To what do you attribute the difference in comfort. It seems both would have straps in a similar position on your shoulder and neck area.
    Wider straps? Maybe further out on the shoulder away from the neck. The holster attachment and adjustment looks very similar.

The Galco is a great rig also and many I know wear them all day without issue. My neck is killin me must thinking about it.

I might have to give the Mitch Rosen a whirl. I've grown so accustomed to belt carry now that I really probably don't need to but there are times when a shoulder rig would be the ticket.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan