CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The new medical question......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    There's nothing wrong with lying to them, and saying no. They don't deserve the truth.
    +1

I always answer 'no' to the doctor and to the door-to-door and telephone pollsters.

None of their business. I'm under counted but vote 2A at every election.

Carl
    Kahr MK9, PM9
    Colt Combat Commander .45
    Kimber Pro II .45

Reminds me of a time I took my mother to the doctor for her pre-op appointment. The nurse asked, "Do you drink?" She replied, "Yes." The nurse then asked, "How much?" She replied, "As much as I want." Ended it right there. I was sitting in the corner trying not to pass out holding my breath to keep from laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    There's nothing wrong with lying to them, and saying no. They don't deserve the truth.
    Two people you never lie to... your lawyer and your doctor. A rule I live by. I don't care about my doctor knowing I have/carry a gun. No big deal to me. I don't think my doctor care one way or the other either.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Two people you never lie to... your lawyer and your doctor. A rule I live by. I don't care about my doctor knowing I have/carry a gun. No big deal to me. I don't think my doctor care one way or the other either.
    Sadly I doubt the doctor even sees the questions or answers. Usually a nurse that ask them and then they probably go directly to Waffen SS headquarters Attn: Take your guns r Us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I think I would put "I have a BB gun." which I do. It answers the question, and I am not lying. Wonder what they would do with that info?
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

To the specific issue of the medical offices asking, I've never had that happen to me.

However, my nephrologist & my GP (husband & wife) know the truth because I carry all the time. They are good folks, believe like us & we're all members of the same church. If my doctor personally asked me, I'd probably talk. If a clerk pushed a form at me, I'd leave it blank just like I leave the SSN field blank.