Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen

Thread: MK9 grip question

Default MK9 grip question

Hi,

New here.

I purchased a MK 9 a year ago and love it! Has been completely reliable even during the break in period. My one issue is with the grips. I love the thin plastic grips but I find them slippery. I purchased the wood grips which are much "grippier", but are way to thick (for me).

I have been searching for thin, G10 checkered grips. I have Hogue G10 checkered grips on my Sig P230 and they are amazing! Very thin and lock my hand in place. Does anyone have a source for grips like these?

Thanks,

Steve

to my knowledge no onemaes anything for the kahrsother than what u have already.a shame for a few back kahrs grips were made by Hoguye and of a rubber that just felt so so good, not slippery, very thin, and then they wen tothte semi plastic looking grip. It is also gonna IMO be hard to make thinn wood grips for if u look at the right grip it has that metal plate insert atthe top that keeps the trigger bar in perfect alighment. I can't see how they can make s thinner wood grip that cold holdup with this insert in it..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Has anyone every textured the steel front of the grip? Like a grip tape texture.

I've seen several people apply skateboard tape to the front strap. Checkering is pretty expensive but really works well.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Has any every use or seen a scribing tool used like for writing a name on steel tools

Not mine but I really like this one. Found this pic some where online...

I use an inverted Hogue Handall Jr on my MK40 Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootlegger View Post
    Not mine but I really like this one. Found this pic some where online...

That's either stippled or heavy duty bead blast. Looks good and I bet it works well too. Not as aggressive as checkering but still a good gripping surface.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

looks like HD bead blast. nice work by who ever. I like it much better than checkering and I would think it would even cost less. Just my 21 cents on this matter.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY