Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New s&w m&p9

Default New s&w m&p9

Just got it home!

Wanted to share!
    Attached Images Attached Images

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

That's a proverbial thing of beauty. 3 mags? LE gun?, looks like your set for a good time. I see a little finger print on that center mag, might want to wipe that down with a oily cloth. Very very nice.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Indeed, nice piece. I wish I had had the money to buy one in 40 from a sheriff's deputy that I knew when he was trying to unload it. The M&P made my wish list when I fondled that one that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    That's a proverbial thing of beauty. 3 mags? LE gun?, looks like your set for a good time. I see a little finger print on that center mag, might want to wipe that down with a oily cloth. Very very nice.

Yes and Yes, I am set for a while. Man you got hawk eyes in seen that print. Thanks for the compliments!

2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.

klmp Guest

Thumbs up

Beautiful!! You will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by klmp View Post
    Beautiful!! You will love it.
    Thanks! Rented one I like it very much, that is why this one followed me home. BTW welcome to the forum.

Nice pistol
    How's the trigger on it? I shot a compact 9mm yesterday and was not enamored of the trigger on it. They had a full size there that had a better trigger, so I'm wondering if the compact's trigger was an anomaly? I think I read somewhere that the trigger was improved within the product line (old vs newer). Also, anyone have any experience with Apex Tactical's sear for the M&P (M&P Pistol Parts : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce)
    Regards,
    Greg

Default Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Nice pistol
    How's the trigger on it? I shot a compact 9mm yesterday and was not enamored of the trigger on it. They had a full size there that had a better trigger, so I'm wondering if the compact's trigger was an anomaly? I think I read somewhere that the trigger was improved within the product line (old vs newer). Also, anyone have any experience with Apex Tactical's sear for the M&P (M&P Pistol Parts : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce)
    Regards,
    Greg
    my trigger on my M & P was the worst I had ever encountered. David Bowie of Bowie tactical did a masterful job on that gun for me. Trigger was just awesome, super accurate gun. For some reason I just never liked the gun, It never failed one time before or after Bowie worked on it. I just grew to dislike it, over my tuned G19. I think more rounds down range would have smoothed out that trigger alot on itis own, had I stuck with it also. so I am not overly criticising the M & P on that one feature.. I know they went through some growing pains in the beginning with alot of mag problems but now one just never hears anything but positive feedback..

klmp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vinikahr View Post
    Thanks! Rented one I like it very much, that is why this one followed me home. BTW welcome to the forum.
    Thanks

gb6491 I own a S&W M&P 40c and could not deal with the trigger (very gritty,not very crisp & no reset feel like my Glocks ).That said the gun runs flawlessly. I installed the Apex Tactical carry package in it and the trigger is 100% better .The company is a pleasure to deal with and Randy Lee is a top notch guy.