Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: An MK9 Duo Tone Odyssey

Default An MK9 Duo Tone Odyssey

I saw this on Armslist and thought I would post it here ...

http://www.armslist.com/posts/127415...ale--kahr-mk-9

The guy seems pretty firm about not wanting to entertain a sale, but maybe somebody here on the forum has an extra Glock they don't need and might want to trade.

Man I can't wait until I get my permit. I don't want to be spending all kinds of money on a bunch of different guns and have Connecticut tell me my eye twitches the wrong way or something.
    Last edited by RevRay; 07-17-2013 at 10:11 AM.

actually if one has a G19, this would bne a very fair trade, more than fair for the karh buyer IMO.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Before today I had never seen or heard of one of these, and in one day I discover two of them. Here's another one that just showed up on Armslist ... only this one is for sale.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/128118...aled-carry-gun

New to me also, never heard or knew they even sold a duo tone. Usually the other way around too, a stainless slide on a black frame.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

they are realy cool loking and that price of 600 is fair IMO
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My first post here was about a MK9 two tone I had found online, guess its going on 3 years now that I posted about it and then went ahead and bought it then. Because of that one I have bought 2 more MK9s and a CM9. Sold one MK to buy a S&W M&P9c, so now its just the two tone an Elite and the CM.

The M&P9c might see daylight once a month, hard to beat how easy these Kahrs are to carry.

By the way, my two tone was $400 with box and 2 mags, looked new at the time.
    Last edited by Bootlegger; 03-17-2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: brain fart

I got the itch for a MK9 Elite real bad, but that two-tone doesn't do anything for me. I have the g26 to trade the one seller, and the $600 seems reasonable for the other.

I'll have to keep looking.
    kraz

I asked my wife, do you have a glock 19, 19c 26 etc etc. To trade for this awesome kahr mk9?
    She replied
    I have a vagina, are you interested in that.
    I am, in fact, interested in that.
    Then we both laughed.
    Too bad she doesnt really have a glock to trade.

When did Kahr make these?

Quote Originally Posted by phil413tx View Post
    When did Kahr make these?
    The following is something I found on another forum from a Google search I did. I can't speak to it's truthfulness, but the post I read said that the info came from the Kahr website at the time. The serial number info does match with the KahrTalk sticky thread (http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...ht=kahr+serial) which indicates that Kahr did run a limited edition of of an MK9 with serial numbers starting with LKD1xx in August 2001.

"Kahr Arms has started shipping the Limited Edition Kahr MK9 with a Duo Tone finish. This MK9 features a matte stainless steel frame and on ordnance steel (4130 chrome moly) slide plated with the exceptional Black-T® finish by Walter Birdsong. This limited Edition run will consist of 400 units with the serial numbers LTD 001 through LTD 400. Black-T® is a proprietary black coating developed to add lubricity as well as greatly increasing corrosion properties of the base metal. It exceeds the ATSM (American Standard Materials) 177 specifications for salt water corrosion resistance by more than 4000%. It is the only permissible coating used on many components on nuclear submarines and is the coating of choice by the elite FBI hostage rescue team."