Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Magnum Research new
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: An MK9 Duo Tone Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    If you look at the sticky "Kahr serial number history" under Kahr Tech, you will notice that your particular serial number LTD 1XX, according to this info, dates your firearm to 2001, not 1998. Unless they made them for more than one year, which I don't believe they did, one of your numbers/dates is off. I own the same serial numbered firearm.
    I saw that, but I emailed Kahr and Jay got back to me with November 98. My 1xx is a fairly low number. I don't know what to make of that.

I don't believe they made a large number of them. Pretty sure it was 400. Putting all of that aside, I love mine...........carry it about 70 present of the time. Just a nice compact firearm. Too heavy for many. The guy I bought mine from had mine and another new one with in sequence serial numbers. I'm still kicking myself in the shins for not purchasing both. I've been pocket carrying it for 5+ years now, and am used to it. My trigger just keeps getting better............................................ .......When I originally started investigating my MK, I always believed that the 98 date was the correct one. It wouldn't surprise me that a Glock group would/could get it wrong, because, well, Gluck you know. I can attest to the fact that you may as well forget about different grips for the firearm. Been there and done that. How is the slide finish holding up on yours?????????????????

My slide looks pretty darn good for a gun this old. There's some minor wear around the muzzle end of the slide. It's been carried, but obviously not that much. The first owner didn't carry or shoot it much. I bought it from the second owner. He carried it some, then used it in back up gun competitions for a while, until it found its way into his safe for an extended period of time. I lucked out. I put a wanted to buy ad on a local forum and the owner reached out to me in under 6 hours. I plan to carry it a lot in the warmer months.

That's where mine is wearing a bit also. That Birdsong coating works very well.......................

I'll be interested to see if the Garrett Industries(kydex outer/leather inner) holster maintains the finish.

I have a PM9 with the DLC coating. It has what sounds like similar wear on the finish. It has been used some in Kydex holsters. It looks fine to me and doesn't sound like it wears any differently.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...