Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping; over the top! Kahr parts sales

Default Shipping; over the top! Kahr parts sales

Quick shipped, I like that... however, Just a few small items that could have shipped priority USPS for half the price remain in transit (FedEx) w/no tracking info. since last Saturday. Shipping too expensive and too slow in transit.

Half the shipping $ and half the delivery time..... USPS Priority!

Turns me off! Get with the program.

Maybe just my low T? not

I do not understand which service you used to ship it and which service you afe pissed off about.

Some people are equally turned off by USPS.

Most large companies have annual contracts with carriers. I think this year in my state Fed Ex was awarded the contract, last couple years it was UPS.

I think each new shipment is a whole new ball game, sometimes fast, sometimes not.

Having friends and family in USPS and UPS, I hear they have had to radically reduce the standards to maintain a work force, I took the civil service test years ago to be a mail man, it was like square peg in square hole stuff.
    Are you smarter than a 3rd grader stuff.

I mean no disrespect to mail carriers, my mom was one for over 30 years, it's a damn tough job and only made tougher with the lower requirements and hence the lower standard of co workers.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

not to sure about survice from all the other mailers. but I will tellyou that last week I had a package send priority mail USPS from carmel, california, It was mailed from their location at 5 P. m> komifornia time and the damn package was delivered to my door at 10 a.m THE NEXT MORNING all for $39.95....
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    not to sure about survice from all the other mailers. but I will tellyou that last week I had a package send priority mail USPS from carmel, california, It was mailed from their location at 5 P. m> komifornia time and the damn package was delivered to my door at 10 a.m THE NEXT MORNING all for $39.95....
    Was it a horse part? Just askin.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default only option offered

Just a few small parts coming specifically from Kahr Co.
    Fedex only option listed, but I could upgrade delivery time for even more $. Sure, I need to factor in something for handling by Kahr, ok.

I'm sorry but; $10.50 shipping, for 1 set of grips, 4 little screws and a spring? Barely a handful. Would fit nicely into one of those video tape sized USPS priority boxes and been here in 2-3 days for about $5.25.
    Maybe it's coming in a 2' X 2' box. Who knows? It's not like it's anything important, it's the rampant stupidty so prevelant today. Everything is just going too fast and when S--t falls off the truck, who cares.

And about that tracking; what good is it....shipped last Friday, last update Saturday from same state. I suppose I will see it before Fedex lets me know that it has even left the depot down the road from Kahr. Cost savings measures for Fedex and Kahr, or simply just another profit option.

I'm getting old and more cross by the day. What phase is the moon in anyway? :+)
    I have learned, common sense is not that common. Bring back the horse and buggy!

I went back to the Kahr site and ran a few more items all the way to checkout...same story. Fedex only option. Whaaaa! :+0

Just waitin' for that next asteroid/meteorite! It was good enough for the dinosaurs!
    Last edited by hangdog; 03-20-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: addition

lots of buggies around my area.Just no fokking horse's. Just sayin.there gettin to belike ol abandon trucks sitting in fields next to the 1940 Internatioaln Harvestor tractor.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

some places ship maybe one way, ups, fed X or what ever.Buy enough when u do it once and it will help alot to offset postage... Probably by the time an order gets into kahr or Ruger or where ever and it is processed etc,and then somel azy ass rocksucker finds the parts and the nwalks over to the box bin and puts the parts in the box and wrappes it and then some nutter lazy ass addresses it, we have now taken a half hour + of labors time,so add that up and u get what seems to be a high postage expense when maybe indeed it is also plus labor, and materials etc. Now me if I ship a part to someone, I just look in my neighbors trash bag before trash pickup ad find a nice unsmelley box and some old unused a$$wipe and wrap the parts up in the box and throw some tape over it and address it with my wifes lipstick bar in blood red, so so far I have no labor, or materal involved. Then on my way to coffee I drop it off at the pist office and pay them $5 to ship the part to u and a week later u get the package, dripping in now thawed raw spoiled fish that i didn't know was in that box when I wraped ur new tie and ur wifes new blouse u had ordered for Easter weekend. Just sayin U want cheap, I can do that.

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I've been laughing all day already, Thanks for a few more.
    U got somthin aginst da smell-o- old fish?
    Ever read any Patrick McManus?
    jest a country boy here.

Also, judging from yourposts jocko, I'd gues you don't bother with the "preview" option. I'm gonna work on that myself...seems like a real timesaver! :+)

LAUGH AND LEARN TILL u TIP OVER!

Default Bawa-dude re:

Your comments,
    I really wish that I had got on with the USPS gov. stuff back in the 70's.
    I'd be in a lot better shape in may ways today. Construction prostitute was my lot, carpenter...everyday was like being in a race.