Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upgrade: New XS Big Dot NS for my P40

The rear sight height on the low vee was higher, so when I put the shorter Trijicons on the rear, the sights were shooting low, too. I'll just have to figure a sight picture for them, but point or "instinct" shooting seems better than with the low vee.

Bottom of notch to base of rear sight heights... Trijicon .161" each and the XS rear .174".

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Well, after a lot of trips to the range, I've decided I can shoot the Big Dot FS with rear Trijicon 2-dot NS well enough for carry.

Yesterday, I finally cleaned the P40 and G19 after the last range trip... weeks ago!

I went to load the pistol and mags with my favorite SD ammo and found that I only had 10 rounds of 180-gr GDSB left... after so much testing! I loaded up with my second favorite... bought half a case of that, so I have plenty... Bonded Remington 180-gr Golden Sabers. I also bought as much Winchester Ranger Bonded 165-gr JHP, so it wasn't like I was out of .40 S&W!

I got online and sought the best price with shipping and no tax... checking out even those not listed by Gunbot. The best deal turned out to be at Cheaper Than Dirt, so I ordered 10 boxes and they came in today... pretty fast. Sometimes they DO have decent princes... sometimes.

Ordered 30 March, shipped 31 March, and received 3 April.
    Products Ordered

Item Description Quantity Price Total

2-CCI23974 Ammo .40 S&W Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel 180 Grain JHP 950 fps 20 Round Box 23974 10x $24.45 each = $244.50

$244.50 + shipping/handling $17.05 = $261.55 delivered to the door by UPS.

I got my Laserlyte cartridge out and did very well with that against the Reaction Time Targets... draw and firing out to about 30 feet... as long as I didn't push or jerk the pistol, anyhow.
    I loaded up the P40 and my carry mags and spares with the GDSB and am ready for this to be my EDC again... FINALLY! This was my favorite carry until I added the Big Dot NS with the Low Vee rear NS.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".